where are the lhd 4door 70 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what are my chances of ever finding a lhd 78 series in the states or even to get one imported? i guess all 78's are 4 door. i've seen several, but were all rhd.

It's a specialty market. They are imported for use in the mines. ONce they go into the mine they never see the sun again. They are maintained underground as well as parted out uunder ground when thier usefull life has been exceeded.

I read somewhere here on MUD that they cost $78k new for the non crew cab version.

I read somewhere here on MUD that they cost $78k new for the non crew cab version.

woou! a lots of $$$$$ but those are HD I thought with 1HZ engines .?

and most of them have special scrubbers for the exaust and some diesels are powered by LNG

Last edited:
not the diesel ones I know of.

1hZ cab chassis models sell new for about 42,000 CND dollars. Not 4 door models.

You want a 4 door 70 series, import one from Europe.

Last edited:
technically you only count the back as doors if you are European...

what you don't get LJ77's or 78s in France?

Here is the German version of MUD. No four door versions there.

site[/B]http://www.buschtaxi.org/cms/index.php?restauration

Preamble for our foreign readers: The following articles are successive restauration stories about old rigs - agonized off the road or even treasured in old barns, rusted and shabby, decolored by the ravages of time they´re waiting to be re-aroused by cureless Landcruiser freaks...

Unfortunately those articles are written in german language - but those pictures speak for themselves...and: If you want to report about your own restauration work (in any language), don´t hesitate to contact me!

i was curious as to where i could find a 4 door(not counting rear amby doors), but a lhd model.

technically all SWB and MWB 70 series are 4 door but the ones you're probably thinking about are 6 doors
Europe : not a chance.

so, are they in europe? or does this mean not a chance of importing them?

ha.

it would be a nice replacement for the 80 if/when the wife takes it over, but looks like i'm gonna have to wait a few years. something to look forward too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom