where are landcruiser 18 oem wheels manufactored? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

32cls6speedmt

SILVER Star
Threads
I purchased 5 oem landcruiser takeoffs from ebay. Three of the wheels have Japan stamped on the inside but two of the Indonesia? I was thinking that the wheels were all manufactured in Japan.

02AB6518-86F2-4F5B-9743-FE28EBD71C53.jpeg

3613DF48-7DB0-4A8F-8204-427E43B2BAB6.jpeg

I don't know about where they are manufactured, but that looks like a s***-ton of weights.

Were these from the guy supposedly selling take-offs that were replaced with HE bronze wheels?

Were these from the guy supposedly selling take-offs that were replaced with HE bronze wheels?

yes. I informed that his ebay listing shows made in japan. I sent him the photos. He responded

We didn't even notice this until a week or so ourselves. Some are also made in Taiwan. These are all Toyota OE wheels and Toyota places very high standards for every supplier they use. There are only 2 part numbers use for these wheels and my local dealer says the listing under these part number do not say anything about where they are made. These are came off 2020-2021 Land Cruisers. I will update the listing to show 3 different countries of origin for these.

Then I’d start wondering about the weights as mentioned above. A small OE size/supplier tire needing that much weight seems highly suspect.

So I guess it seems like something is not right. I am not familiar with wheels. I assumed with all the great eBay reviews that it was a good deal.

I’m no wheel balancing expert but having had tons of tires, even large ones, the top picture is more like what I’d expect of a stock tire.

That doesn’t mean it’s faulty, just makes me wonder what’s going on.

If you put tires on there and they are straight and balance up fine.. perfect.

I would think it would be the tires that needed all those weights, not the wheels.
That’s my point. Why would a stock tire that came on a new cruiser from the factory need that much weight? Clearly they just left the weights that were used to balance the tires moved to the BBS wheels but this seems odd.

I have some Tundra 18” wheels that were made in Mexico. Others were made in Japan. Same wheel model.

I can’t speak for land cruiser wheels but Toyota uses a “getsudo” method to allocate aluminum manufacturing across multiple wheel suppliers for the Tundra and Tacoma models.

For example CAPTIN in Canada may make 60% of a certain Tundra or Tacoma wheel and the other 40% may be made by CMWA in Kentucky. They are identical but share different internal part numbers for production ordering purposes. To the customer, you can only tell by the markings in the back of the wheel.

The allocation percentages change every month too.

As for the weights. 140g or less per plane is within Toyota OEM spec for Tundra and Tacoma aluminum wheels.

For example, in the first photo the second wheel appears to show 105g on one side and 55g on the other. Would be within OEM spec for Tundra BUT whoever put them on did a crappy job on the 55g piece.

Last edited:
hmmmm.... Was sold the same story. bought 5 of these rims off of Ebay. they are on a shelf in my garage. need to open them and take a look. Was told they were taken off at port when tic arrived to America,

Hmm this gets into an interesting category that I’ve always wanted to look into. When the sticker on your car says assembled in Japan with 100% Japan parts I really think all of it is made there. They use either Bridgestone or Dunlop tires that are assembled on Japan too.

for Tacoma’s and Tundras, some are assembled in US; some in MX, they will state some form of percentage.

I will look at my wheels when get a chance this weekend. good call out

I have Tundra TRD Pro take off wheels (not the BBS version) that have made in Indonesia on their forge mark. Went to the toyota dealer the next day, climbed under a TRD Tundra on the lot to make sure I didn't get ripped off, and the Tundra on the lot had Indonesia on their forge mark as well.

Hmm this gets into an interesting category that I’ve always wanted to look into. When the sticker on your car says assembled in Japan with 100% Japan parts I really think all of it is made there. They use either Bridgestone or Dunlop tires that are assembled on Japan too.

for Tacoma’s and Tundras, some are assembled in US; some in MX, they will state some form of percentage.

I will look at my wheels when get a chance this weekend. good call out
The 100% Japan sticker is what I was thinking of too.

As for the weights. 140g or less per plane is within Toyota OEM spec for Tundra and Tacoma aluminum wheels.

For example, in the first photo the second wheel appears to show 105g on one side and 55g on the other. Would be within OEM spec for Tundra BUT whoever put them on did a crappy job on the 55g piece.
Interesting. And solves it.. thanks for the info.

Thank you for all the inputs. I feel at ease that these are legit. Even an optimistic person sometimes doubts items on ebay/amazon. Five Dollar oil filters have become knockoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom