WHere and How do you mount your Sand Flag? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phipsi.net
Question as stated above.

Ductape need not apply this time, sorry to all of it's fans in it's use for hard mounting.

having trouble thinking of where to put the damn thing, tried an old Cb antenna mount but didn't fit correctly.

Mine usually goes on the tire carrier tab (on my slee rear bumper).

Do you have an ARB front bumper? It could go on the top tab...

OEM bumpers front and rear??? You might be SOL :D

I don't think a sand flag is required if you have a full sized vehicle. I didn't have one last year. I could be wrong about this so check with Jim.

Cruiserdrew said:
I don't think a sand flag is required if you have a full sized vehicle. I didn't have one last year. I could be wrong about this so check with Jim.
Unless the rules changed from last year, they're not required for full sized vehicles.

Good to play safe though. I forgot to bring mine last year...I might "forget" again...

Not required, but I have one so I figures I might as well use it.

NorcalDoug, no slee and no Arb.

thinking about drilling a small hole and jamming the poll in the hole, force fitting it so it doesn't fall out.

had a short flag, added an extension and somehow managed to clamp it to the hitch receiver. Was too funky and a complete waste of time. Gotta get the real thing with a suitable mounting system. Well, eventually....

I'll do without for now... I didn't think it was really that necessary.

Do you still have the OEM roof rack? If so, drill a hole through either the cross ribs or the side bars, stick the flag pole through that and put a hose clamp or something on the under side of the bar so it can't pull back out..
Just a thought. Or.. squeeze the pole in your sunroof :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom