When PO is a Jerk, beware of idiots (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My piggy came from Fish farm the PO didn't drive it for 2 years.

When I received it was full of tap water bottles and a bottle of steering fluid.

It was not his daily or work car. So when it started to lose water from an invisible place (PHH), and oil from steering he just left it aside.

The radiator he put was a very low quality Chinese radiator that was all clogged up because of long use of tap water

The first thing I did was order a new set of silicon hose, water pump, thermostat and full metal, copper CSF radiator for FZJ80 that supposed to be correct according to VIN#.

There was only one problem the CSF was one tube on the radiator that was not on the old radiator and i had to cap it for the mean time until I will go to a radiator shop to cancel it permanently

I asked on MUD no results

Today I think I solved the mystery I was standing over the engine making a list of hoses to order I found a house that was shoved inside the manifold and is a blocked with a bolt

It comes from the metal water outlet on the engine

Just want to verify that it should be connected to the radiator????? If yes, I don't understand the function of this house?

Photo 19.9.2017, 9 12 03 (2).jpg
Photo 19.9.2017, 9 02 56 (1).jpg
Photo 19.9.2017, 9 02 42 (1).jpg
Photo 19.9.2017, 9 01 44 (1).jpg

On the 1FZ there should be a hose connected to that port coming out near where you took the pic I don't have a 1FZ but have seen many posts on here where guys have broken that off on the radiator doing other repairs and have too fix it. Long live the 3FE!

Yes, it goes to the inlet you have plugged in your pics. That is the inlet A LOT of people break off while working on their engines.

There was only one problem the CSF was one tube on the radiator that was not on the old radiator and i had to cap it for the mean time until I will go to a radiator shop to cancel it permanently

I asked on MUD no results

Today I think I solved the mystery I was standing over the engine making a list of hoses to order I found a house that was shoved inside the manifold and is a blocked with a bolt

It comes from the metal water outlet on the engine

Just want to verify that it should be connected to the radiator????? If yes, I don't understand the function of this house?

View attachment 1539985

Yes, that is the hose that goes to the nipple on the radiator IF it terminates on the water jacket that is just behind your distributor and above the alternator (can't tell from the pic). That is your #3 water bypass hose.

#3 bypass hose (ask me how I know)

It is not the hose from the throttle body. It goes from the upper water neck to the top radiator tank.

Yes connect that hose to the radiator. I believe that the bypass eliminates the possibility of a air pocket forming in the output path.

Yes connect that hose to the radiator. I believe that the bypass eliminates the possibility of a air pocket forming in the output path.

Correct, it's a steam or vapor hose. Connected at the highest point in the cooling system, to allow vapor/air to be purged, a good thing to have.

How do you now?? :notworthy:
Well, I'm stupid enough to have believed that this hose, and the upper radiator cover, was a great place to rest a battery charger for an overnight boost.

It took all of a day to figure out where the intermittent coolant leak was coming from. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with a perfectly good (and clean) three row copper radiator, which is missing the 3# bypass hose nipple (which I eventually found, still inserted in the outflow end of the 3# bypass hose.

Well, I'm stupid enough to have believed that this hose, and the upper radiator cover, was a great place to rest a battery charger for an overnight boost.

It took all of a day to figure out where the intermittent coolant leak was coming from. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with a perfectly good (and clean) three row copper radiator, which is missing the 3# bypass hose nipple (which I eventually found, still inserted in the outflow end of the 3# bypass hose.
Abrade all the surfaces for mechanical bond and epoxy it back in place?

Abrade all the surfaces for mechanical bond and epoxy it back in place?

A small piece of brass tubing inside with epoxy makes it last for a long time, and don't ask me how I know :flipoff2:

A small piece of brass tubing inside with epoxy makes it last for a long time, and don't ask me how I know :flipoff2:
Like a crude composite

I considered that, but I convinced myself that I'd want a piece of tubing with a flange on it, inserted from the inside, to prevent pressure-induced separation. I might try it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom