When doe your fuel light come on? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering when the low fuel light comes on? My HDJ81 still has about 20l fuel in her when the guage reads E. Maybe mine doesn't work. Just didn't want to run dry being diesel and all.

That seems about right. Mine comes on, and my gauge reads empty, when there's still about 5 gallons of fuel left.

So 5 gal. X 3.78 L/gal = 18.9L

My problem is that I never trust that the light is going to come on.

can't speak to yours...most petrol models have aprox 5 gallons left when the light comes on.

so I take it the light doesn't come on until well below the E then?

Used to the Landrover where the light would come on with about 1/8th of a tank to go.

taccruiser97 said:
Usually right after the gas prices spike.

LOL! You got that right! Weekly in my neck of the woods.

I kind of calculate from the other end...at 300 miles it usually glows on...which works out, at my mpg, around 4-4.5 gallons left. Thus, I can drive safely for about 50 miles, before I start getting REALLY nervous. Then, hope for a gas station.

Mine usually comes on right before my check engine light - if I run it that low it codes sometimes since I had to replace the fuel cap.

but when does the light come on according to the fuel guage?

below E?

At or just below E for me & aprox. 5 US gal. left in the tank.

Freaks the kids and the wife out!

Mine came on this weekend right when the needle covered the mark for E ... It took 20.5 gallons to refill ...

My light has never come on, it gets down to the bottom line and I fill it. Maybe my light is broken, who knows.

-Andrew

Mine is about the same as SDBrassfield. Mine came on and it took 21 gallons to fill, but this after I drove another 20 miles or so. I average 16 MPG on this tank.

My light lights up with about five gallons left in the tank...

Chris

Mine never comes on. I have run it dry a couple of times and no light.

I believe mine comes on when the needle hits "E" or slightly below.

It seemed to have come on (a little quicker) when I was going down hill.

I think I still caliculated(sp) to have 20+ liters left when I made it to the gas station shortly after the gauge light started glowing.

Mot

At first I did not believe the 5 gallon reserver as stated in the FSM.
A few months ago I drove 64 miles with the light on.
I was near home. I get about 14 mpg with 285's so thats pretty much as far as I will press it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom