1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did FedEx get so effing Arrogant (rant)?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by spressomon, Aug 14, 2005.

1. spressomon

spressomon glutton Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    We were out of town for a couple days and apparently FedEx tried to deliver my new Fridge/Freezer. The driver left two door tags...so I called FedEx only to be met with a belligerent and extremely arrogant customer service rep. I just wanted to make arrangements to pick the packages up at their terminal per the instructions on the door tag. She insisted she could not do this...she would have to first instruct the driver to contact me. So...she wanted my phone number and the number I provide depends when/where they will be calling me...so I asked her when they would call...her exact response was "I don't know". It kind of went around and round before she finally stated they are closed on Monday (wish I could be one of the largest companies around and close on Monday!) and it would be either, yea get that EITHER, Tuesday or Wednesday before...they got around to it I guess...they tried to contact me. Under no terms could I just instruct them to leave the package at the terminal for me to pick-up!

And get this: The second call tag specifically stated to make arrangements with FedEx for pick-up or the package was being sent back to the sender!!!

This is the second bad experience with FedEx in the last week. It seems they went from a very customer oriented organization (I always preferred, in the past, to get/send shipments via FedEx) to an over-indulged, extremely arrogant organization that feels they don't need their customers anymore! Must be the KINKOS influence :grinpimp:

Just had to rant...

2. thorvald

thorvald .......

Media:
    Albums:
    its not really an exuse for poor service, but....when they have adds in the paper here the wages are pretty crappy, least for loaders-think around 7.50 or 8.50 an hour, ups is a dollar or two above that. and the truck drivers are independant-which basically if you get one that cares your good otherwise...

only place ive had problems with here is the post office, and that seems to be the postmaster who doesnt care from the responses weve gotten from him.
    trickles down.

3. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    Would this be regular FedEX, or FedEX Ground?

4. spressomon

Media:
    Albums:
    FedEx Ground and FedEx next day (two problems with two completely different shipments within the same week...and the same arrogant approach by two different customer service reps).

5. thorvald

thorvald .......

Media:
    Albums:
    if you dont get your package or they try to screw around with you, call headquarters or whoever's in charge of the fedex name. might get some resolution that way.

6. spressomon

Media:
    Albums:
    Yea...I tried that today but they do not have a managers on duty until tomorrow (Monday)...

7. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

Did you know you were going to be out of town when you ordered it?

8. spressomon

Media:
    Albums:
    I ordered in on Tuesday...I never dreamed it would make it from Florida to Western Nevada, via ground transportation, by Friday (I was told 1-2 weeks for delivery). When we get UPS shipments with signature required all it takes is a phone call to have the package left at the terminal so that I can just go there (even on a Monday God forbid :rolleyes: ) to pick the package up; no hassles; no smart-ass so called customer service rep to deal with; etc.

ExFedEx is my new mantra :D I guess from now on I just need to request to have shipments sent via anyone except FedEx.

9. cruiserman

cruiserman

That's the price you pay for cheaper and faster service :). I much prefer FedEx for cost and delivery time.

10. Lovey

Lovey Oct 2004

Thats BS...Fedex is not closed on Monday.
    I should know. I have to be at work at 0700.

If this was ground, then all I can say is I'm not surprised. Sorry.
    Fedex ground sucks and makes the real Fedex (express) look like crap.
    Bunch of lazy drivers who deliver when they feel like it or pick up if its not too heavy.
    I hear complaints all day long about Fedex Ground from my customers.

11. TX_TLC

TX_TLC

Exactly...I worked for RPS...now FedEx Ground during the buyout...they kept the worst part of RPS...the employees. Sounds like a bad rep...not a bad company....

12. Jman

Jman

Dave's right--a fridge would be Fed Ex Ground, I am sure, which is not really Fed Ex but a bunch of independents that are doing their routes (sort of like a franchise operation). It's a cheap way to send stuff, but totally wacky, depending on who is running the route. They really have to bust ass to make their routes pay, and they often don't know WTF they are doing or where they are going. "Calling Fed Ex" for a Fed Ex Ground shipment is totally different from calling regarding their overnight service. :frown:

Sorry, and good luck.

13. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

I Robot had it right ... :D Christ, Will Smith walks out the door with his fake 'ol titties flappin in the breeze, plows headlong into the FedexBot and nearly does a face slap-palm heel on it's ass and the thing smiles, and apologies for getting in the way, and wishes him a good day .. :doh:

TY

14. Hossdog

Hossdog

FedEx blows.....last christmas we special ordered this doll for my daughter that was made to look like her. Cost some coin and was the "ONLY" thing she wanted. Well dipshit comes to the door and we arent there soooo.....he decides to launch it over our back fence with my 2 dogs. Mind you, dogs enjoy tearing up new "toys" left around. Dipshit also left NO note of his smart idea.....I found it later that evening when feeding the dogs. Called 'em and THEY gave me attitude and asked me "WHat should he have done?!?!" Fawkers.....toy was intact, but box was thrashed :mad: Lucky SOB

15. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

I used to do service work on RPS trucks. I felt bad for the guys. They buy their own trucks and have to do all their own maintenance. RPS would tell them they needed to put X amount away for each mile. The new guys with the crappy rural routes would just get killed on truck maintenance.

No excuse for poor customer service though.

16. freightdog

freightdog

FED EX sucks!

Up with UPS - United Pot Smokers...oops...I mean...

Chief is on IH8MUD - he is a 30 year vet of UPS!

17. spressomon

Media:
    Albums:
    Yea...the thing that really got to me was her (the FedEx Customer Service Nazi) arrogant attitude: 'I should have been home to accept the package then none of this would have had to happen' was her jist.

It's frustrating...if I treated my customers like this they would all be gone in short order.

18. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    Are you sure you dialed the right #? I keep thinking of the Crank Yankers episode where they talk the the ups person about a watch that was supposed to be delivered. It's probably the funniest one I've ever seen.

19. Shahram

Shahram I ain't got herpes no more.

I was at a friend's house the other day. Her phone rings and she says, "Hey wanna f*** with someone?" I say "Sure", and she answers the phone, "Federal Express how can I help you?" then she puts the phone on speaker for me to hear. Some old dude is inquiring about getting a pickup. I felt kind of bad tripping up some senior citizen, so I mouthed the word "No" to her and she gave him the number to UPS and told him "UPS is better anyway". Seems FedEx changed its number and she got the old FedEx number which is still on some directory somewhere.
    She says that she gets 25-30 calls per day, and depending on if the caller is nice or rude, she'll either send them to UPS or some sex phone number. Finally she convinced me to record an outgoing message for her answering machine. I came up with this:

"Hi, you've reached the number for Federal Express. Due to shoddy service and a decline in sales, we've gone out of business....in fact, I hate this f***ing place....I say we burn it down....YEAH, LET'S BURN THIS MOTHERFUCKER DOOOWN!!! f*** YEAAAAAAHHH!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Even after all that, occasionally she'll still get messages with people going "Oh dear....well....I've still got a package that needs to go to my niece in Denver...."

20. White Shark

White Shark

Media:
    Albums:
    Oh crap. LOL. Dude. That's too funny. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!