Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at a set of wheels on e-bay for my hj60 1990 (uk model) but am unsure of the offest, the seller tells me that it is +25. Will that clear the front caliper?
Thanks

As far as I know, that depends on the width of the rim. +25 should be 25mm inwards from the exact middle or the rim, so that the rim stands out 25 mm. But it depends on the rim width how far the rim reaches inside your wheel well. That's why the term "offset" is a stupid thing. The good old "back space" has more logic to it. It tells you how far a rim reaches inside, whatever the width of the rim.
There is a thread on this topic in the 60 section, where "offset" is explained, but I can't remember how it's called.

Stock 60 rims are primarily 6" with a 3.5" backset, simple math should mean that it has a half inch of offset if that is the thinking. But my knowledge of "offset" is lacking, still use simple backset here in the states

But the correct offset/backset/backspace doesn't mean the wheels will fit. Varies sometimes by how the rims are made. Often times the only way to see if a particular wheel will fit is to bolt it on.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom