wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know if $100 bucks is ok for 5 wheels off of a 74 fj with clips is an ok deal (not in bad shape) also $200 for two original front seats in ok condition and two jump seats in decent condition.

both sound good to me, especially the wheel deal, actually, thats a very good price on the seats. I would buy all of that right now for that price without thinking twice.....good score.

fj55

that sounds fair for either but I would still barter.The wheels from a 74 will not fit with disc brakes.I just found this out.I also have 5 wheels for sale now.Im in SLC, Where are you in Idaho?

hmmm crap... Sounds stupid but had this cruiser for a month in the garage and havent checked to see if it has discs on the front or not...hmmm hey thanks.
DSCN0911.jpg

Welcome to MUD:flipoff2: You need to jump on both of those items if they are still around. I'll tell you this, the wheels are going for around $400 on E-bay. :cheers:

Hey Thanks, any idea if 74 wheels will work on a 75 with discs?

74 was drums all around, the rivets on the wheels will hit the caliper unless you use spacers. You can wait and find a set of disc wheels, get some spacers to run them, or grind the caliper to clearance them.

That being said, getting a disc set is the easiest to do and requires no mods to your brake system.

Thanks ..I know this is dumb question but is there a way to tell if they are from a 74 or a later model?

Yeah, the later model rims have spot welded tabs for the hubcap clips. The earlier drum rims are riveted to hold on the tabs. Let me find some pictures.

The first is a 74 rim, off of mine. Note the rivets on the tabs.
cant seem to find one of my new rims from a 78.
IMG_0746.jpg

fj55

not the rivets on the clips.Turn the tire over and look inside for welds or rivets holding the center of the wheel to the outer part of the wheel.rivets are for drum welds are disc

Yeah, the later model rims have spot welded tabs for the hubcap clips. The earlier drum rims are riveted to hold on the tabs. Let me find some pictures.

The first is a 74 rim, off of mine. Note the rivets on the tabs.
cant seem to find one of my new rims from a 78.

That looks like your 78 rim to me. The differences aren't in the hub cap clips! It's in the way the 2 wheel pieces are attached together. The inner wheel is riveted to the rim on the drum brake trucks and welded to the rim on the disc trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom