Wheels spacers on FJ45 (is this a locking hub??) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Hi guys, I want to add some spacers to my FJ45 so the left tire don't rub against the steering mechanism when turning sharp right.
On this website they have spacers that are specific for the FJ45 but they are unavailable Wheel Spacer Pair - 1.25" - https://cruisercorps.com/products/wheel-spacer-pair-1-25
so I've looked for spacers with the same size and I found these X-BULL Wheel 6X5.5 Wheel Spacers Thread Pitch M12x1.5 Hub Bore 108mm Adapters- Buy Online in United Arab Emirates at Desertcart - 240624473. - https://www.desertcart.ae/products/240624473-x-bull-wheel-6x5-5-wheel-spacers-thread-pitch-m12x1-5-hub-bore-108mm-adapters that have the same size of the "official" ones (apart from the thickness) but in the page they also say "If your vehicle has a locking hub, the gasket does not fit." o_O How come?? they are the same size than the "official" ones!! Or maybe what I have is not a locking hub? Or it is a locking hub but a type that can accept spacers?? What do you think?
Plus, 1" would be enough to stop rubbing or should I go for 1.5 or 2?
Thank youuuuu
IMG_20220221_221942.jpg

that is known as a drive plate or drive flange.
it is not a locking hub, you would remove that to install a locking hub.
currently the front axle turns all the time whether it is in 4wd or 2wd

that is known as a drive plate or drive flange.
it is not a locking hub, you would remove that to install a locking hub.
currently the front axle turns all the time whether it is in 4wd or 2wd
Thank you very much! So I can proceed with the spacers?

I just re-read your question, if the tire when turning rubs on the drag link, you can adjust the turning radius so it doesn't turn as far.
there are bolts on the knuckle housing that can be threaded out that hit a stopper on the axle housing
I would try my best to not use a wheel spacer, just my personal preferance.

I just re-read your question, if the tire when turning rubs on the drag link, you can adjust the turning radius so it doesn't turn as far.
there are bolts on the knuckle housing that can be threaded out that hit a stopper on the axle housing
I would try my best to not use a wheel spacer, just my personal preferance.
Thanks but if I limit the turning radius it becomes difficult to park or enter some small side roads..! Already now, with the rubbing thing, I start praying every time I must turn right and I have cars behind me 😔
I'll have to go with spacers, now that I know they will fit..!

Is it possible you have inappropriate rims fitted? The 40s never had a great turning circle but you shouldn't be as limited as you are.

Is it possible you have inappropriate rims fitted? The 40s never had a great turning circle but you shouldn't be as limited as you are.

838990.jpg
i I don't know, these are the rims, they look original to me, but I don't know how to verify..! 1984 model

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom