Wheels for 2013 LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to buy some wheels to hold snow tires for my 2013 Lexus LX. I have heard that the 18" aluminum wheels from a Toyota Tundra will work. I have a couple of questions:

What years should I be looking for?
Are they the same dimensions as the standard LX wheel, from an offset standpoint?
If so, no spacers required? Direct bolt on?
Will the Toyota TPMS sensors work with my LX? What does it cost to add them to the LX computer?

Thanks much.

I am looking to buy some wheels to hold snow tires for my 2013 Lexus LX. I have heard that the 18" aluminum wheels from a Toyota Tundra will work. I have a couple of questions:

What years should I be looking for?
Are they the same dimensions as the standard LX wheel, from an offset standpoint?
If so, no spacers required? Direct bolt on?
Will the Toyota TPMS sensors work with my LX? What does it cost to add them to the LX computer?

Thanks much.

2007 and later wheels work fine. No adaptors needed. I use like-new 2007 (or later) wheels (not hard to find) and mounted Blizzacks. Expect to replicate the existing sensor IDs on clone-able sensors to make it a simple swap. You can swap sensors but that is burdensome as I want to just go pull them out of the barn when I want them and put them on. All of this is what I did and there were no issues.

The wheels I am looking at come with sensors and, to the best of my knowledge, the IDs can be added to the ones already in my LX's computer. Is that true?

The wheels I am looking at come with sensors and, to the best of my knowledge, the IDs can be added to the ones already in my LX's computer. Is that true?

I have a Land Cruiser as opposed to an LX and in my case the TMPS registers can only accommodate five wheel sensor IDs. To do what you suggest would require that it could store ten. Also, the wheel sensors in used wheels are an iffy proposition on lifespan. I elected to clone the stock IDs so then TPM system is blissfully aware of the wheel swap because it continues to see the same five IDs.

Added: You can merely have someone teach the TPMS the new IDs each time you swap. You will see the flashing warning light and the system will not be functional until you reprogram the TPMS. Not appealing to me. Yes, you can buy the reprogramming tool and do it yourself. So my way can be viewed as a compromise solution.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom