Wheeling? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Back now. Ran the S & N Canol roads both ways. Was rudely kicked out of
NWT for not having a 14 day isolation plan, uh, no one for the next 233 miles?!? Swept the racks off
on an ATV trail, glad I didn’t have the tent on. I slept on a cot in the back, I won’t be going back
to the roof tent. Only thing to deal with will be bugs next year. Explored as many side trails and mines
as possible. Most pics on camera. I used the CanadaTopo App for giggles, it allowed me to create
tracks and the coolest part was the very accurate altitudes for the mountain passes.

View attachment 2447169View attachment 2447171View attachment 2447172View attachment 2447173

Amazing Jon, Fall is such a beautiful time to be up that way. The colours are in full effect the bugs have mostly given up. Great pics.

So anyone up for a road trip next weekend?

Nothing too intense wheeling wise, just a drive with a cool destination, but if a mild 60 friendly wheel was necessary to get somewhere good, I can live with that.

Swmbo is getting a little stir crazy with all the working from home this year. We took the 61 for a good long drive yesterday and it was a good thing.

We need to do it more often, but trouble is thinking of good places to go.

What about that beach that Steve went to way up by the north end of the island? i’m
not home, but i’m thinking of that in December

LOL, it was you that mentioned that Side Bay up by Pt Alice

So anyone up for a road trip next weekend?

Nothing too intense wheeling wise, just a drive with a cool destination, but if a mild 60 friendly wheel was necessary to get somewhere good, I can live with that.

Swmbo is getting a little stir crazy with all the working from home this year. We took the 61 for a good long drive yesterday and it was a good thing.

We need to do it more often, but trouble is thinking of good places to go.

I'm free next weekend. Not sure what to suggest at this point, but will mull on it.

I'm free next weekend. Not sure what to suggest at this point, but will mull on it.
Cool. We didn't go all that far yesterday but was still good to get out of the house.

The port Alice place is probably a bit far. I think Jonathan's idea of a road trip is somewhat different than most people...:lol:

We were both kinda bleh after a long week so coming up with ideas was painful haha.

So yeah, any good suggestions.

That’s cause I’d be in Pt Alice for morning coffee. The area just beyond Great Central Lake
will take you into the south end of Strathcona Park. Oshinow Lake. That is a neat drive,
great views.

That’s cause I’d be in Pt Alice for morning coffee.

As I said...:lol:

Way too far for me for just a day trip. I don't like driving enough for that.

The area just beyond Great Central Lake
will take you into the south end of Strathcona Park. Oshinow Lake. That is a neat drive,
great views.

I was thinking maybe the backroad to Renfrew from cowichan or something, but I haven't been to port alberni china creek area in ages either.
Have to see what the weather looks like later in the week too.

If it's like yesterday, I could barely get the dogs to leave the deck :lol:

I heard it was pretty miserable yesterday.
Pt Alberni is always a nice place to start from,
south side of Sproat Lake will take you up the hill to Gracie Lake. That’s a heck of
a nice place for lunch, right on the beach. Take a lawn chair and a table.

Looks like I'm out for this weekend. :( Been summoned to my grandma's property in Cowichan to help fall and clean-up a number of large dead trees. Only fun part is the LJ78 gets to play skidder for the day. :steer:

Looks like I'm out for this weekend. :( Been summoned to my grandma's property in Cowichan to help fall and clean-up a number of large dead trees. Only fun part is the LJ78 gets to play skidder for the day. :steer:
Playing skidder is pretty fun :hillbilly:

I have a few trees to chop up in the neighbours back 40, they don't want them and said we could fill our boots . I started on sunday but it was getting a bit dampish in the afternoon...

There's one tree that's hung up and hanging at a 45. Not a particularly big tree (pecker pole :lol: ) but I'm hoping all this wind dropped it the rest of the way so I don't have to do it.

Bit of a sketchy proposition getting it down if it doesn't do it on it's own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom