Wheeling Tomorrow, Saturday Aug 4th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey you slackers! :dink:

Myself and some other people (including Larry\Blue FJ And Radical Kurt\4runner) are heading down to Dan's (MIOBI Land) tomorrow for 3\4 day of wheeling. Meaning that we don't intend on getting there until about 10 AM.

Medium level trails I suspect unless we follow Kurt, which will probably mean a good challenge for the rest of us.

Anyone that wants to join in should just come on down. Hopefully, it will rain gobs and gobs and it'll get slick and slippery.

Weather Report:
Des Moines Area
Today: mostly sunny. High in the mid 80s. Northeast wind near 5 mph.
Tonight: partly cloudy until early morning then becoming mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of thunderstorms after midnight. Low in the mid 60s. East wind around 5 mph.
Saturday: mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms. High in the upper 80s. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Gusts up to 20 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday Night: mostly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms in the evening, then partly cloudy after midnight. Low around 70. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Gusts up to 20 mph in the evening. Chance of thunderstorms 50 percent.

Larry in his blue FJ, Jeff in his monster Jeep and me in my 4runner.
Carnage Kurt almost brought his rig but didn't and rode with Larry.

Although it's been dry for quite a few weeks, we had a pretty good rain just hours before we hit the trails. In fact, I put my doors back on thinking it would keep on raining but it stopped.
So, the trails were pretty fun, fairly slick but only a few inches of mud for the most part.

We did run into a couple of trails that were blocked by fallen trees but Jeff had his chainsaw and cut them up and moved them off the trail. Very cool of him.

We stayed on the trails for about 5-6 hours and had a pretty good time, nobody broke, nobody even stuck. We'll have to try harder next time. :)

I have a short video of Larry in a couple of spots but nothing of Jeff or myself. Oh well.

Youtube Video

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom