Wheeling Friday 28th December (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DSRTRDR

I can mangle anything ...
SILVER Star
Threads
meeting at 9:30am at the Cave Creek Ranger station - there are no services there, so gas, food and water need to be procured earlier

the idea is to check out FR560, which goes to the west off FR24 (Seven Springs Road) - we haven't been there before, it may be an in-and-out

Directions: Take the 101 freeway north and exit at Pima (exit 36). Take Pima north and turn right on Cave Creek Rd. Turn right on Bartlett Dam Rd and the district building is the first turn to the left. You'll see signs on Cave Creek Rd and Bartlett Dam Rd for the ranger station.

The Cave Creek district building is at:

40202 N. Cave Creek Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85262

See you in a few hours!

on my way as soon...

myKIDStoy said:
Any pics yet?

Why, yes there are. But they still are in the cameras and we are at dinner:p

A really fun day in good company, but too cold for me at the end.

I picked a lumpy trail again :eek: :hillbilly:

Fun was had, a heep was on the end of the strap, what is not to like!:hillbilly:
Yup. Kinda looked like lthis. And, the scenery was terrible as usual.

100_1381.jpg

100_1368.jpg

Thank You!

To Kevin, Michael and the rest of the Copper State Cruiser's ...

Thank you for rescuing us!!

Your assistance and hospitality pulled my butt out ouf a tight situation ... not only with the jeep but mostly with my wife ... my 4 wheeling will most likely continue ... but I doubt I'll ever persuade her to leave the pavement any time soon.

Again thank you ... we could not have made it back with out your generosity. :)

Tim, Sharon and Alec

Welcome Tim! When you are in town and want to go out, post up. Would be happy to show you guys around,,, heep or not!:hillbilly:

Just a few impressions from up there...

DSC_5869.jpg

DSC_5881.jpg

DSC_5888.jpg

High country, lumpy rocks all the way, a few mild drops and climbs, and then a fairly steep descent down from FR560 to Fr37, with two interesting switchbacks...

DSC_5875.jpg

So, how exactly are we going to determine the extent of the area up there that needs to be blacklisted? :)

So, how exactly are we going to determine the extent of the area up there that needs to be blacklisted? :)

we need to go and determine in person which of all the trails on the map are lumpy :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom