Wheeling day September 8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This past Saturday our monthly club run was a blast. Had enough trucks for three groups and did a bunch of trails at Anthracite. A few of the officers from the Gotham City club ran with us and I believe they're anxious to get back to AAOA for more. In any event I'm posting here to let you guys know there will be an opportunity to join us Keystone guys Saturday September 8. Probably gonna be at AAOA but you can watch our post on the Keystone site to see how this shapes up.
Daily rate for truck and driver at AAOA is $35, passengers pay $15. There was a fairly large group of jeeps in the part Saturday and quite a few of them headed down into the camping area after their day of wheeling.
There are still several trails on the main property that neither Crusha or I have done (but Andy Marquardt has), and we talked again this past weekend about an exploratory day across the highway in that section of the park. Who knows what will happen next run? We did run a new trail #36 and it was tough, most especially for the bigger rigs.
Bob B here's your chance to get some wheeling in!

We will be going to Anthracite.

Some of us are actually planning on wheeling Friday, and camping that night...

image.png

Gary, You must tell me what trails you are wheeling over there on the main property. I only saw the one hard rock garden trail when I raced up there.

We went across the street last fall. I got scratches on the right side, left side, and roof all at the same time! They do have a couple of rock sections over there. Trails were too tight for my taste.

Rob

Gary, You must tell me what trails you are wheeling over there on the main property. I only saw the one hard rock garden trail when I raced up there.

We went across the street last fall. I got scratches on the right side, left side, and roof all at the same time! They do have a couple of rock sections over there. Trails were too tight for my taste.

Rob

It's taken us a looooong time to find the good trails there, and we're still finding them. The place is HUGE! The map and signage have not been the best, although they have been steadily improving them. It's really easy to get lost/confused.

There is pretty much a days worth of black trails on the Western Reserve, but they are pretty far back. There is one trail that is very tight, with inevitable pinstriping, and possibly some dents for bigger rigs. You can bypass that trail, and take a more direct route to the blacks. The
Western Reserve is still due for some serious exploring...

Yeah Rob I know a whole lot less about the western side than I'd like to. In fact I got a group of us (Keystone and CCLC guys) off trail last year and it was a long ride out. Signage over on that side, at least last year, left a lot to be desired. In all honesty we noticed this past weekend that signage was indeed improving on the main property. My opinion is that until every intersection is marked there is room for improvement. Having said that I must add that is awesome to have two facilities like Rausch and AAOA within an hour's drive of my place. Hell, Paragon was only 30 minutes away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom