Wheeling 3/7 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hey Garret I'll buy the chains from you, but I will have to wait until the 15th to get you $$.

I suggest picking them up before you go then! I can get the $$$ later or just get you hammered and let you send me a bunch $$$ via Paypal! :flipoff2:

Better make sure Travis wasn't planning on getting them first, he mentioned he wanted them but I don't know for sure. I had them at $140 but I will take $120 for both sets. That's close to 1/2 price new.

So change one change two, looks like the plan is:
Meet at my house 8am'ish
Bomb down to O’Brien
Take the forest service road to the halfway point of McGrew (near the springs)
Then if the snow level allows us to get that far we will follow the second half of McGrew, if too deep then we'll be taking the forest service road the rest of the way in.
I have still not replaced my CB antenna (not spending $50 for a piece of... from Radio shack) so not sure if I'll be able to get out at all on that, but the plan will still be for channel 7 for those of you that do have CB's.

So change one change two, looks like the plan is:
Meet at my house 8am'ish

I may be out. I have a frozen piston in my front caliper thanks to (yeah, you guessed it) clay.

Bomb down to O’Brien
Take the forest service road to the halfway point of McGrew (near the springs)
Then if the snow level allows us to get that far we will follow the second half of McGrew, if too deep then we'll be taking the forest service road the rest of the way in.

Sounds like a good plan.

I have still not replaced my CB antenna (not spending $50 for a piece of... from Radio shack) so not sure if I'll be able to get out at all on that, but the plan will still be for channel 7 for those of you that do have CB's.

Tyler may have one you can borrow.

You ever get with that guy who had the one for $7?

Yep, I still have some CB parts. Antenna for sure.

Sorry Gabe, got side tracked tonight.

Sorry Gabe, got side tracked tonight.

No problem. It ended up being a Charlie Foxtrot anyway.

Was using a method suggested on freeing the frozen piston from the 80's tech forum (attaching the caliper with no pads and stomping on the pedal). All went smoothly up until the point that three of the pistons were fully extended. One of the pistons was leaking brake fluid, meaning it probably also got contaminated with the clay (well, all of them did, if you lifted up the boots you could see they were coated in clay) and the piston or the cylinder wall got chewed up . When I popped off the caliper to take a closer look, one of the other pistons popped out completely.

So one frozen piston, one leaking piston, and one piston that's popped out.

Yeah. Monday I call cdan and order two new front calipers, and make these calipers somebody else's problem.

The bummer part is that I'm out for tomorrow. :frown:

Thats sucks Gabe :(

Garret - I spoke with Travis. Think we are all good. We'll swing by on the way out and pick them up (chains) if thats cool.

i want to see carnage pics. I can wait tho;)

Home Safe :) Stories and Pics to follow. . .

45 minutes is plenty of time to unpack and upload your pictures:flipoff2:

FWIW we had snow here in Eugene today, I bet you guys had some fun up there!

So we decided not to do the McGrew. There was some good snow pack, but not till about 2500 mark or so. Several good miles on the way to SD hit a road block. 2005 Chevy 2500HD in the middle of the road. Busted out windshield, no front driver tires, and somewhat looted. We tried to wench out of the way.... no go. It was moving anywhere. Appeared to be stolen.

IMG_3184Large.jpg

IMG_3189Large.jpg

IMG_3191Large.jpg

SO back track we did and headed off to dear creek. Once in cell range, Garret called in the truck, it was stolen. Play in the snow a little bit, where Travis learned towing a trailer limits some of his ability to get over some snowy mounds :doh:. Anchored off mine and pulled himself out (pic on my friend Ryan's camera, Ill get those tonight after he gets home)

Got to Deer Creek, and looking for level ground to park his truck Garret forgot to hit his CDL :whoops: And managed to dig himself a nice little hole. hehehe

IMG_3193Large.jpg

IMG_3199Large.jpg

IMG_3201Large.jpg

Anchored off to Travis and got leveled out.

Chopped some fire wood, and relaxed. Managed to burn all night too. Weather was great Sat. Sunday was off and on snow ran mist. Was a little chilly at nite but not bad.

Great Trip all and all and lots of fun :D

All the pics here (not to many more good ones): http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c360/retrofive/Deer Creek/

Last edited:
moz-screenshot-4.jpg

can't believe this one didn't make the cut : IH8MUD

sorry, it's the one with his door open and the rig looks to be high centered good and proper:flipoff2:

#1 Super Guy, I have to say nice work on that one :D lol. One of the highlights.. hehehe. Ive have an instant feeling karma is going to bite and have some with a camera near by.

Not too cold at all. All in all a great trip! :grinpimp:

his license plate says it all, :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom