Wheeling 3/7 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks!

When you guys going in?

I think the plan is Saturday...am'ish...but that is purely assumption combined a smidge with speculation :grinpimp:

Looks like I'm in!

I can go out Fri and Sat, but I can't camp Sat night.

The Mrs can change her mind, so that's not 100% set in stone yet. :D

Karly works on Friday so I can't leave until after 7:30'ish. But good for Saturday and Sunday.

Ryan is coming down from P-town Fri. Should be at my place by 1pm or so. We were going to hang out Fri and BBQ or something (all is welcome) and then we were honestly thinking leaving early Sat morning 7-8ish (ok not that early but...) Head to GP to meet up with Travis and caravan out. Sound like a plan?? I have to technically work Fri, so not sure if I can sneek out early enough. I would like to enjoy the trail in daylight rather than push thru to get setup if we are camping... if you know what I mean. :)

Im up for all ideas and plans. I can ask for Fri. off, but seeing Ryan wont get in till late afternoon Fri. not sure what its worth.?

Sorry not trying to make anything complicated.

Taking McGrew is a several hour trip so leaving after 3'ish is not really practical if you wish to enjoy the trip. I'm also thinking that since this will be an early season run there may be some "trail maintanance" that needs to be done.
Leaving Saturday in the AM sonds like a good plan for all involved. G you just need to work out your pass a bit to include camping Saturday :)

Sounds good to me :D get those hall passes boys!

Hmmmm.... .trail maintenance.... early season.... pack a big axe?? ;D

Axe??? No we have power tools for that, although I really don't think there will be that much that needs to be done. More of a heads up that there may be some down trees that need moving. Although we will also have plenty of wood to burn, once we get enough heat to burn up the wet stuff....

There should be a fair amount of snow over the middle section of the trail and/or fire road.

LOL! Ok no more being pc, Ill bring the chainsaw!

So.... Saturday morning meet up say 0800.

Best place to meet up?

We can meet up here. And 8 works for me.

Cool! See you at your place ready to roll :D

With the smaller group I think I'll just bring my two burner colman stove, instead of our large three burner jobby. Does anyone need cooler space? If not then I'll bring my little cooler, or none at all.

Im thinking smaller as well. Unless the group grows.

Raise of hand of hands who wants to join?

Im pretty set as far as dry and cool storage. If others need then between Travis and I we should have plenty for 1 night.

Just hit us up.

tylerf at helixinc dot us
503 | 209 | 1650

Yeah yeah, I'm thinking of not even bringing my cooler. My food storage is dry and not planning on bringing beer... I'm still bringing the trailer and probably Mickey.

The :princess: might be coming along unless this is a no-girls run.

Either way, I won't be camping Sat night.

What's your plan of attack Knolly? You guys running 1st half McGrew, 2nd half, whole thing or none at all? I know there is snow at Cedar Springs but just don't know how much until you are there. We ran the 2nd half backwards one year not expecting any snow after camping at Sourdough and hit some nasty stuff at Cedar Springs that took us over 4 hours to get through winching all the way. That was with all 40 series Cruisers with 35's and larger. The saving grace on that is that we were finally able to float on the snow and get out.

Just curious, might make a trip in to see you guys. I do have a full set of quick fit chains for sale in my garage that fit 285/75-16's :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom