Wheeling 3/7 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

retrofive

rɛtrəʊ
SILVER Star
Threads
A friend of mine is coming down from Portland for the weekend March 7th-9th. He's never really been anywhere around the valley. He's got a pretty new nicley lifted Taco.

Anyway, other than just relaxing, we were planning on a little wheeling that weekend.

Anyone interested? I havent thought of or really know where to go, so any suggestions are welcome. :) :steer:

how long of a trip does he want? How hardcore of wheeling?

Walker has some cool little spots up there, but it's not difficult at all. There's always McGrew if it's open by that point, and there's bypasses for it.

Wheeling and camping, or just wheeling?

Sourdough? Camping? Bondfire at 1620???? Should be plenty of down trees to round and burn....

Just sayin' that SD is the spot, and the wheelin' in can be as easy or tough as one wants it to be.

A good day trip would be great. Bonfire's a bonus ;) Maybe fun to wheel somewhere, hang out, and return... something like that.....

His only issue will be if something breaks on his truck is he screwed. He got laid off, hence the time to come down and play, but wont be able to afford to fix anything.

I haven't been to any off those places either so x2 bonus.

McGrew to SD is a full day trip and SD is really gorgeous...bits of the trip have been burned out by Biscuit fire so about half of the trip so it isn't as pretty. SD is on the smith where bald face comes into it so it is a cool place to chill....maybe not worth a full day without camping. Depends on you guy's.
DSCN2030.jpg

Wow didn't even notice the time stamp.... :grinpimp:

Wow, looks nice! :D

Camping definitely could be an option of course. Im totally open, and think it would be fun if a group wanted to.

March 9 is anniversary for me and :princess: so we might have weekend plans and if not I would be wise to stick close to home that weekend if I know what's good for me.

True to that G :)

SK spoted it after I was talking about the April meeting dates.....then she jumped all over that sweet time stamp.

All righty. We are game for which ever. Camping/No camping. :)

Depending on the group, that may be the deciding factor.... NO not that the actually people matter, but more or less, how many want/will to come :) and who is going to guide! :D.

In other words a lot of the trails above I have no clue on what to expect or where to go. So if its just us, I would prolly stay closer to home, or something I know (not a lot I know)

If camping is involved than I'd like to try Sourdough. It's a bit further, but about as close as you can get to home and have "real" camping.

To keep it short we can just do the back half of McGrew. Will need someone to lead though, I know where the start is but I'm not sure how to get to the middle.

Really the first half is a nice drive. One really great obstacle very close to the start, then that's it for a long time.

I'm down for camping for shizzle!!! And if no one else particularly wants to I'de be happy to lead the way. The way out is super easy so if there is a larger group and some want to stay and others want to lead it's cool for everyone. Also there is cell reception close to SD so if half does go then we can still check in and make sure they got out okay.

Awesome!. Spoke with my buddy last night. He's 100% down for camping and bringing his gear.

So I say lets do an overnighter and have a good bon-fire ;D.

Maybe Jerod will join with his truck full chicks now that he cleaned that side panel up ;).

I'll plan on bringing the trailer with our huge canvas tent, large raft cooler, and three burner propane stove. If anyone needs stuff kept cold there will be plenty of room in the cooler.

Sweet. I got my old white gas 2 burner classic coleman stove, couple large coolers, gas latern, and most the other randomness (telescoping weener sticks! wife said its a MUST have).

oooh oooh Now Im excited! first camping of the year :D

Yeah I'm way excited, and SK doesn't work so it will either be the whole family. Or just me and Mickey! We have definately upgraded for car camping. I still prefer backpacking, but with the fam we've got all the ammeneties. To include the afore mentioned as well as:

Toilet
Solar Showers
Netted in Shade spot

Any pics of the trail on SD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom