Wheelin' Golden Egg and Meek mines this weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This week-end I will be Wheelin' and primitive camping in the Golden Egg mine and the Meek mine area of north-east Joshua Tree. I'll be looking out for other cruisers.

Do tell more on these trails. Why'd you choose them? Details please :)

Oh, and have fun :cheers:

The reason I have choosen these trails is firstly I love the Mojave desert but have not done these mines before and secondly because I can be there, and with a pretty drive, in a hour or so. You can get into there either from the Santa Monica Freeway ( or the Katy Freeway, depending on which way you are coming) or from the north via Twenty-nine Palms.

From Riverside take I-10 east until you get to the Joshua Tree entrance just before the Patten Museum at Chaco Summit. Go into the park and head north past Cottonwood campground and on to Old Dale Road. Take this north until you just leave the park. You will be in old mining BLM land which is pretty much un-policed or restricted as the park is.

My cruiser is a black '97.

how long are the trails? is there any clearance issues a non lifted '94 would hang up on?
coming from Ventura I'd love to get to Joshua tree. Is there a camping facility near there, or are you just going commando in the outback?

are thee any road numbers you know of that I can look up?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom