Wheelin' Golden Egg and Meek mines this weekend

Discussion in 'Trails - Events - Expeditions' started by MH_Stevens, Nov 10, 2005.

1. MH_Stevens

MH_Stevens

This week-end I will be Wheelin' and primitive camping in the Golden Egg mine and the Meek mine area of north-east Joshua Tree. I'll be looking out for other cruisers.

2. clownmidget

clownmidget

Do tell more on these trails. Why'd you choose them? Details please :)

Oh, and have fun :cheers:

3. MH_Stevens

MH_Stevens

The reason I have choosen these trails is firstly I love the Mojave desert but have not done these mines before and secondly because I can be there, and with a pretty drive, in a hour or so. You can get into there either from the Santa Monica Freeway ( or the Katy Freeway, depending on which way you are coming) or from the north via Twenty-nine Palms.

From Riverside take I-10 east until you get to the Joshua Tree entrance just before the Patten Museum at Chaco Summit. Go into the park and head north past Cottonwood campground and on to Old Dale Road. Take this north until you just leave the park. You will be in old mining BLM land which is pretty much un-policed or restricted as the park is.

My cruiser is a black '97.

4. PabloVTA

PabloVTA beside La Caja China SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    how long are the trails? is there any clearance issues a non lifted '94 would hang up on?
    coming from Ventura I'd love to get to Joshua tree. Is there a camping facility near there, or are you just going commando in the outback?

are thee any road numbers you know of that I can look up?

thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.