Wheelin Day trip 3-20 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Planning a run this Sunday with some fellow BNT club members.

Heading up to explore Duranso Valley around the Pawnee mine area. This road runs parallel to the 79 from Chihauha Valley road above Oak Grove and ends in the Anza area. We were there last year and found a couple of fun trails near the mine that were not well traveled and fun enough for mild to extreme rigs.

Also found a few water pools and a sizable waterfall that may be running if it rains on Saturday.

Plan was to meet at the 79 and 371 around 9:00 on Sunday.

Which rig should I bring hmmm....UZJ or pick-up? This just might be my first run with the BnT club.

Tim can you describe the trail a bit?

Which rig should I bring hmmm....UZJ or pick-up? This just might be my first run with the BnT club.

Tim can you describe the trail a bit?

Hi Zach,

The first part to the mine is all fire road- nothing too rough. The second part is more technical as climbs up a canyon that has some brush and ledges. Mike did it in his FJ60 - but it had some brush stripes. There are also a couple of spur roads we wanted to revisit- so those are unknowns.

I will try to post up a few pictures tommorow

Tim, I might join you, working on getting a hall pass. What is the drive time from the 15 to the 371? It's been a while since I've driven that area. Trying to figure how long it will take me to get to the meet spot.

Tim, I might join you, working on getting a hall pass. What is the drive time from the 15 to the 371? It's been a while since I've driven that area. Trying to figure how long it will take me to get to the meet spot.

mark,

its about 25-30 minutes after you get off the freeway in temecula.

Tim- here are a few picts. I loved the 3-point turn in the ravine, don't think the 80 would have made it!

_MG_7799 copy.jpg

_MG_7815 copy.jpg

_MG_7819 copy.jpg
_MG_7799 copy.jpg
_MG_7815 copy.jpg
_MG_7819 copy.jpg

sorry to be a flake

I overslept. I actually was up at 4AM to take :princess: to airport, back to bed for an extra hour of sleep.......:doh: 9:30AM :D

Looks like a fun place...

Was a fun trip - did some exploring and bushwacking- Sorry Mark-:doh:

Weather was good -a little breezy but no rain

Family

I was planning on going but life got in the way. I mean kids and family. I am still looking forward to getting the 80 dirty soon, whens the next local trip?

So, Tim did you get the 40 all rebuilt ready to roll again. (literally)

So, Tim did you get the 40 all rebuilt ready to roll again. (literally)

All I need to finish is replace the front fender and I should be back to where I was befotre the "flop". Hoping the next swap meet will provide one:D
DSCN3838.jpg
DSCN3839.jpg
DSCN4128.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom