Wheelers for the Wounded (April 25, 2009) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.toyotatrailriders.com
I am heading up TTR's participation & fundraising in support of Wheelers for the Wounded.

Jason Havlik is a former soldier who is now a contractor in Iraq, and has started an organization to host wheeling events for wounded veterans and to raise funds for wounded veteran programs.

Wheelers for the Wounded is part of a non-profit organization with the goal of providing a weekend of off-roading and camping to our country’s wounded military members all over the United States.

The events will start criss-crossing the US at the end of the year. TTR and TTORA will host the event at BMRA on April 25 & 26, 2009. This event will be on TTR's 2009 schedule, so please start making your plans now.

I would hope that, with an entire year's notice, this event could make it on TWTOTE's 2009 schedule and we could have 100% participation for such a worthy cause.

I will update this thread more as the event takes shape.

woundedwarriorzs0.jpg

WFTW_Symbol.jpg

Last edited:
This awesome man!!!!!!!

Would TTORA be upset if you were to get TLCA involved also? Seems the more PAR-TIC-PA-TION the better and for freakin' awesome cause.

If I can't make it (I have no idea what next month looks like much less next year) I'll make a donation to the cause. Seems to me we all owe seven years of peace on American soil to ALL those who have gone half way arond the world and given their blood to make it possible.

Being a vet of the first gulf war and having many friends who are vets of this one please let me know what I can do to help.

Thanks Chris!

Mike

Not at all Mike, that is why I posted it.

As a former mustang (E-5 USMC & O-3 USN) helo driver with 11 years of my life dedicated to our country, this cause has great personal interest to me as well.

I will actively seek the support of our local TLCA clubs (TX, OK, AR, LA), as well as FWD-FWD, Lone Star Jeeps, Texas Rovers, North Texas Binders and any other clubs I can get to participate.

As far as vehicle types go, this is truly a "non-denominational" effort to bring folks together and support those whose lives have been permanently changed by their selfless service and devotion to duty.

This is a lot to chew, so I am sure I will need help as it progresses... thanks for offering to assist!

Chris,

I'll work with the Kansas guys to get out them involved in the event as Kansas Rock Park also. Thanks for posting this. We all take so much for granted and NONE of it would be possible without our vets.... PERIOD!

That's great! I talked with Jason (from Iraq) yesterday, and he was hoping that we could work together and get support from the heartland. Great job!

I'll let you know what all is happening with this down here, and include you in the email list along with the TX, NM & AZ organizers.

Ain't no arguin' with this one ... consider it an O'ficial-Type event. :clap:

Please just remind me at the end of the year when it's time to cypher out the '09 schedule. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom