Wheeler Lake Camping Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyOshow22

KK0TEQ
Threads
First let me say to everyone on mud who isn't on the facebook page sorry for not posting this here as well until now.

When: July 16/17
Meetup time: July 16 at 9:30
Where: North end of Montgomery Reservoir

Description: Wheeler Lake is a high alpine lake south of Breckenridge and is pictured above. It is supposed to have some spectacular views and good wheeling. The plan is to meet up at Montgomery Reservoir by 9:30 on the 16th and be on the trail by 10. Camp overnight at the lake, and then on the 17th go run Mosquito pass (snow permitting) and try to get to Leadville for lunch. The wheeler lake trail is a 5-7 on Trail Damage. Wheeler Lake A rig with 33’s and some sliders should be able to make it through to the lake. Here is another link with great photos of the trail to Wheeler Lake. Wheeler Lake
Mosquito pass is an easy trail with stunning vistas that connects the little town of Alma to Leadville.
Mosquito Pass

Driving Directions
From I-70, exit on Route 9 south to Breckenridge. Go through the town on the main road and go up Hoosier Pass. Take Road 4 west to Montgomery Reservoir. The trail starts at the north end of the Reservoir.

Please let me know if you'd like to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom