Wheel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up a used 33 BFG Mud to mount up as a spare, and am looking for a wheel to put it on. I will probably just get one of the $35 steelies from Summit. I have a full set of 5 stockers, and also have a 15x7 alum 5 spoke, but don't know that I want to put a 12.5" wide tire on that narrow of a rim. Would prefer at least an 8. Where is the best place to find a spare tire carrier. I am going to look online, but I know a lot of you guys have them and might be able to narrow my search. I am also thinking on building a custom rear bumper and just building a tire carrier into it.

Last edited:
I have my 33 12.50 mounted on a stocker for a spare. no probs at all. should have no probs using it to get off a trail or off the street and back to a tire shop to fix the runners.

clint

Thats pretty much it. Just need it to get you back home, as long as you aren't too far up a trail when you get the flat and have to wheel back out. I would probably put it on the 7" 5 spoke alum before the stockers, just cuz I have it. I think I am going to just design up a bumper with a built on tire carrier. You still want to plan a group build day at somepoint?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom