Wheel

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by mtb_rider, Feb 27, 2007.

1. mtb_rider

mtb_rider

Just picked up a used 33 BFG Mud to mount up as a spare, and am looking for a wheel to put it on. I will probably just get one of the $35 steelies from Summit. I have a full set of 5 stockers, and also have a 15x7 alum 5 spoke, but don't know that I want to put a 12.5" wide tire on that narrow of a rim. Would prefer at least an 8. Where is the best place to find a spare tire carrier. I am going to look online, but I know a lot of you guys have them and might be able to narrow my search. I am also thinking on building a custom rear bumper and just building a tire carrier into it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  2. Dirtgypsy

Dirtgypsy

I have my 33 12.50 mounted on a stocker for a spare. no probs at all. should have no probs using it to get off a trail or off the street and back to a tire shop to fix the runners.

clint

3. mtb_rider

mtb_rider

Thats pretty much it. Just need it to get you back home, as long as you aren't too far up a trail when you get the flat and have to wheel back out. I would probably put it on the 7" 5 spoke alum before the stockers, just cuz I have it. I think I am going to just design up a bumper with a built on tire carrier. You still want to plan a group build day at somepoint?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.