Wheel suggestions for 2003 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Winter is wrapped up in NW and it is time to put away my factory 18's with Blizzaks. They are like glue on the icey roads here. Last year I ran some XD 18's and hated the ride. Roads here tend to be very rutted out and the offset caused the rig to jump all over the place. I have read a bunch of threads but can not figure out what 16's will fit the 2003. I see lots of references for the 2002 and earlier 100's but not the newer ones. My plan is to rattle can and paint black as I like the look and put on tires based on the suggestions I receive. I know 2007 and earlier Tundra factory's will fit but what else will? Any help would be great.

Any 98-07 LC/LX 16-18" rim will fit.

Most of the 07+Tundra and 200 Series rims will fit.

Earlier tundra rims will not fit.

You can pick up the 18" Tundra steelies for $50 for all 4. They are pretty dang heavy, but cheap and easy to paint. 1loudlx is running them

yup. 18" Tundra Steel wheels
asliceofhome2.jpg

Sold the XD's tonight and hoping to pick up some Tundra wheels but not the steelies. Arb front bumper is on. Painted the front grill black and having windows tinted tomorrow. Will post pictures soon. Need to figure out what tires next. Thanks

You can pick up the 18" Tundra steelies for $50 for all 4. They are pretty dang heavy, but cheap and easy to paint. 1loudlx is running them

Cool pic, Loud....where is that?

Nothing looks better or is easier to maintain looking good as the 18" stock wheel IMO

Agreed. I like 18's too. It's just more difficult to find used LC/LX wheels. The Tundra 18's are a good substitute with the same offset and look pretty handsome. Just not quite as authentic.

Have the possibility of picking of 4 tundra wheels, with brand new Michelin's for $400. I am thinking.... HECK YA! Will be calling first thing on Monday morning.

Have the possibility of picking of 4 tundra wheels, with brand new Michelin's for $400. I am thinking.... HECK YA! Will be calling first thing on Monday morning.

Thats a really good deal! Congratulations! I paid $250 for a set of tundra 18 alloys

photos of wheels

So the wheels are painted and installed. Same guy I sold my XD's to (the road like crap) sold me his Tundra Alloys. I sanded, primered and painted with Toyota OEM Duplicolor. Installed 275/75/18 BFG AT KO's.
Landcruiser 002.jpg
Landcruiser 003.jpg

Update on what was to be a very happy moment.... the wheels and tires were sold before I saw them on Saturday, so a no-go. :crybaby: I will be keeping my eyes open for them here locally though.

Okay, so I picked up a set of Steel Tundra wheels with tires, lugs, and center caps and have them installed. Am having a little trouble with the front center caps though. Do I just need a bigger hammer or are a couple of spacers in order?

Center caps, we don nee no stinkeen center caps

Won't a Chevy wheel fit also? Or was that for the fj80's.
If so, you may find someone to pay you just to get rid of them.

Or maybe some other manufacture has the same lug pattern.

Dirty - If you are trying to use the Tundra center caps, I believe they need a small bit of trimming to fit the LC. I know I have seen something on the topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom