wheel stud sizing ---- help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brooklyn

SILVER Star
Threads
Need help with wheel stud sizing. I am replacing the front rotors on the FJ40 - mini truck, fj60 rotors, 93 4 runner calipers, and I am in the put-it-back-together phase and I need to replace the wheel studs I pounded out during the de-constructing phase.

1. the old studs are snug to hole in the wheel bearing housing, but not to the new rotor; is this okay? The diameter of the hole in the fj60 rotor is a wider diameter.

2. What is the part number or sizing for the old wheel stud.? Or what vehicle should I tell the parts guy? I went to NAPA and they weren't able to get me the correct size - used the parts book and the one that looked the closest they didn't have.
stud_rotor.jpg
stud_hub.jpg

When I added rear discs to my 45 FF axle, the jobber didn't have the studs in stock. They had the studs in stock at the Toyota Dealership for only a couple bucks more for the set. It was worthwhile to be able to see the parts before buying them.

Especially when traveled in uncharted terretory with Chevy rotors to the back of a FF 45 hub. Back in 98 there wasn't Mud for info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom