wheel spacers at highway speeds? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
been searching all the spacer threads to find out the higher speed experience with wheel specers. what i'm looking at is a set of 1.25" spacers, but what i dont read is, are there any vibe issues at higher speeds and what brand or vendor has the best for our 80s.

i do know about spacers and how they work, and the different types used for other applications (porsche, bmw, mercedes) and most if not all the spacers ive dealt with were the hub centric design. now i'm in foriegn waters with the toyota lug centric design and am really concerned with out-of roundness when the spacers are mated up with the hubs, if there is any ???? i know that the toyota spec spacers have the cone type lug nuts to center the spacer, but then again so do most of the hub centric design spacers(but not radially)

so what i'm askingis , for those that have the spacers and drive at a good 70-80mph, what are your experiences with them and what brand are they?

did i mention that i searched yet :D just had to for those search........ahh......guys;)

and whats with some of the words in our posts that are different colors that bring up a small window that really erks

As long as you keep them tight you should have no problems. The key is to retorque them after 100 miles. Yes, it's a PITA since you have to remove the wheels to do that, but it is necessary to be safe.

Google ads. They go away when you get a silver star. ;) :D

As long as you keep them tight you should have no problems. The key is to retorque them after 100 miles. Yes, it's a PITA since you have to remove the wheels to do that, but it is necessary to be safe.

Google ads. They go away when you get a silver star. ;) :D

Are you saying retorque every 100 miles or 100 miles after initial installation? Sorry, I couldn't quite tell.

I have used 1.25" adapter spacers for 3 years and tens of thousands of miles. I have driven at highway speeds and beyond without balancing issues even while using M/Ts.

I have gone to retorque several times since install and have never found any slack. :)

I have used 1.25" adapter spacers for 3 years and tens of thousands of miles. I have driven at highway speeds and beyond without balancing issues even while using M/Ts.

I have gone to retorque several times since install and have never found any slack. :)

x2

Proper torque and retorquing after the first 100 miles is the key.

I run All-Pro 1.5" spacers, 20,000 miles with no issues. Ditto on the retorque.

thanks for the input guys, i feel more comfortable now about this modification

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom