Wheel spacers? Anybody use them! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, I am wanting to run some aftermarket wheels and there are not very many that run the proper offset, has anyone ever run wheel spacers to compensate for that? Open to any advice!

thanks!

I had to run spacers in the front of my old cruiser. They were the ones that slide over the lugs. I do not recomment these. I ended up stipping a lug because of this and I've heard they are dangerous. There are spacers that bolt on to the old lugs and then have lugs that come off of the spacers( I hope that made sense). I'm pretty sure these are a little more expensive but much more efficient. I think if I were to run spacers again I would use these rather than use the ones that just slide over.

I have both and have had the bolt on ones come loose good for a trail rig but suck on the street( you gota pull the wheel off to ck lug torq) ... the over the lug kind need extended thread lug nuts on alum wheel to get a good thread bite but I have run-em like that for years on my DD

I have both and have had the bolt on ones come loose good for a trail rig but suck on the street( you gota pull the wheel off to ck lug torq) ... the over the lug kind need extended thread lug nuts on alum wheel to get a good thread bite but I have run-em like that for years on my DD

Ya I have been looking at the ones that need the extended ligs and they look like a pretty sturdy option. I figured I would do those and rotors all at the same time.

I use them and like them. No problems yet, just one extra step in maintenance.

Ebay! Around 60 bux for aluminum ones with studs, lug nuts included. I run the 1.5 inchers and love them. Would use a thin Loctite coating on the inner lugs.

I run the small 1/4" to 3/8" ones on the front. Would rather not , but needed to keep my aftermarket wheels from rubbing slightly.

Wheel spacers are like steering arm studs, theres usually only a problem when they aren't tight. When I ran 1 1/2" spacers, I would check my steering arm studs and spacer lugs every couple of weeks of daily driving and before every wheeling trip.
The main reason guys break arm studs is because they have not kept them torqued. Same goes for wheel spacers. They tend to break when they are not torqued.

Bottom line, keep an eye on them (like the rest of the rig) and they are fine. Like stated above, Idon't like a spacer any bigger than 2" though.

Wheel spacers are like steering arm studs, theres usually only a problem when they aren't tight. When I ran 1 1/2" spacers, I would check my steering arm studs and spacer lugs every couple of weeks of daily driving and before every wheeling trip.
The main reason guys break arm studs is because they have not kept them torqued. Same goes for wheel spacers. They tend to break when they are not torqued.

Bottom line, keep an eye on them (like the rest of the rig) and they are fine. Like stated above, Idon't like a spacer any bigger than 2" though.

I am leaning towards about a 3/4" or so spacer.

I suffered some early paranoia with that issue. I checked them often but they never came loose. Locktight is wonderful stuff. I also welded the correct size socket onto one end of one of the tools in my kit so I can remove or tighten them in the field should the need arise, but I never has.

I run em

I run .25" aluminum spacers to bring 15x10 rims with 4" BS to 3.75" BS so the front ones will clear the calipers. put them on the back to make sure stuffage wouldn't rub inner fender wall. seem to be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom