wheel spacer question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer
Threads
question i picked these spacers up for 10 bucks . could they be used with longer studs for wheel spacers or would this be dangerous . they where suppose to be used for widening a toy axle .when converting to solid axle on a ifs truck to even out the width . they are approx. 3/4 inch thick i don't know who made them either . the guy said they where from allpro ?
just looking for any suggestions . i picked them up because they where cheap!
spacers.JPG

you would definitly need longer studs for sure.
shouldnt be a problem.

should work. by the way, are you sleeping with those things? :) :) :rolleyes:

try em. my wife would kill me if she found cruzer parts on our bed.

Jake, you need to keep an eye on the torque on the lugnuts when running aluminum spacers, especially when running aluminum wheels with them. I'm not sure that you can ever quit checking completely.
Ed

if i use them whats the chances of the studs snapping off ?? , i probably won't do anything with these . i'm a little nervous of the safety of these things . i like the ones with the studs pressed into the spacers . my concern is with these things on the rear wheels .snapping off the studs ? is there any concern here . am i just a chicken . about the bed . she doesn't know ! the bed is a spare bed in MY! computer room . what she doesn't no won't hurt her HA! if she only new about the cruiser parts and tools i buy all the time then i would really be dead !

If the centers index on the hub and the whole spacer takes some of the weight, less force will be placed on the studs.
I just read that and it makes marginal sense. What I mean is if you use them on the front, they ought to be snug on the hub and if on the rear they ought to fit snug on the flange on the axle. Better?

You know what I mean.

Ed

what she doesn't no won't hurt her HA! if she only new about the cruiser parts and tools i buy all the time then i would really be dead ![/QUOTE]

same here, have a secret cruza account, no your not being chicken, i would not run spacers that thick on my rig, i would get more offset on the rim before i did those things. but for ten bucks cant complain, put them on ebay some sucker will buy them.

I wouldn't use them think of the stress your going to be putting on the axle. 3/4in? think about risk vs. gain! jmo.

What about taking them to a machine shop and having studs put in them? But that may not work...cause you'd have to have those current holes widened the top 1/4 or 1/2 and use a wider or thicker nut in order to hold the spacer on the wheel. But if you could accomplish that then you would be able to bolt the wheel to the spacer with no problem. Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom