Wheel size 1988 Fj62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need recommendations.

I just installed a set of 1” Bora Bora spacers and planning on going 33x11.5r15 wheels

I would prefer the 33x12.5 but with the spacers I think they might stick out too much.

The reason for the spacers is the front and rear studs are not long enough. The acorns only thread less 4/8’s of an inch.

any opinions on wheel size or anything??

Pretty easy solutions here...take the spacers off and run it as designed? Or run bolt on spacers. Or swap out studs for longer.

My truck has 2" spacers with 16x8s with 315/75s (roughly equivalent to 12.5" wide) to clear the wheels and so the tires don't scrub when stuffed. I like it, doesn't stick out much at all.

Do you have stock wheels or what? If aftermarket, we need width/offset/backspace to understand this. You want to run 33x11.5/12.5 on the truck, which is very common.

The next time I need tires, I’m going to look for 17” wheels. That leaves the door open to upgrade to larger rotors and calipers down the road (probably the popular 4Runner swap). I like the stock wagon wheel look, but I've also been eyeing the FJ Cruiser black steel wheels...and they're cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom