Wheel Selection 16” vs 15” (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I hope I don’t catch too much flak, as I know this is a common question. I understand the correct backspacing for 15” wheels is 3.5” to clear tie rod ends and what not, but can I get away with a 4” BS on a 16” rim? This is the style I’m going for, but I haven’t found any that have 3.5” BS, 16” diameter and the correct bolt spacing and hub.
5E1682CD-CD3A-4233-8906-2850AF031154.jpeg

I do have a 16" spare that came off a Tacoma that has less backspacing. Unfortunately, unless you find someone who has used that exact rim, it'll be difficult to say for certain. I expect you'll have to try a rim on your rig to say for sure.

Stick on weights can be used to help with clearances, but spacing between the rim center and brake caliper can also be an issue.

I do have a 16" spare that came off a Tacoma that has less backspacing. Unfortunately, unless you find someone who has used that exact rim, it'll be difficult to say for certain. I expect you'll have to try a rim on your rig to say for sure.

Stick on weights can be used to help with clearances, but spacing between the rim center and brake caliper can also be an issue.
Yeah, I was hoping to run across someone with a similar wheel style that could tell me what worked for them. Wish I could find the guy that owned this 40 so he could tell me what wheels he was running:
8B45A463-68B4-42BC-8720-32A1076A9D4E.jpeg

Guess I’ll have to use the trial-and-error method.

Those look like American racing Mojave on that 40. I had some similar American racing 16x8's on my fj60 and the backspacing was correct, no spacers required.

Here's my old setup:

i-23DkRqR-L.jpg

I still have these in storage if you're interested. Would make you a killer deal on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom