wheel help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
was thinking of ordering the pro comp rock crawler series 52 d window with 3.50 backspace 15 x 8 will these work on my fj62 ?? could someone recommend a wheel in the same price range

i've heard these rims will hit the outside of the caliper...i've also heard that it will require 1/4'' wheel spacers or grinding on the caliper to fix the problem. I'm looking at the same rims except in a 15x10 because I like the idea of upsizing just not the right time. still looking to buy the rims although it requires modification...good luck hope this helped

I have the pro comp 52 D series wheels (15x8 with 3.5" BS). 4wheelparts originally gave me a 3.75"BS but i thought it was too close the caliper. the 3.5" BS definitely fits. Just so you know, i'm currently running 33/12.5/15 Goodyear MTRs.
1.jpg

Wheel choices

Just went through the ordeal of ordering wheels. Not many choices other than the black like the previous poster. Nearly everybody could come up with the painted black steel wheel. Everybody, Discount Tire, and another place here who handles American Racing wheels, said they had wheels that would fit, but when they tried them the center bore was too small. Apparantly, the mfg data base doesn't understand about the center bore thing. The center bore must be 106.25.

I went with a HELO wheel. HELO 842 series. See it at the WheelPro web site. Its a 16-inch rim and even with 4.00 back spacing, it still rubbed slightly. But with a little grinding on the tie rod it runs quiet and I'm really fairly pleased.

I just put on 15x8 (3.75 bs) series 52 rock crawlers (flat black) on my 62 and had to grind the calipers. Not a big deal, as the grinding was minimal. And since I had the wheels in hand, there was no way I was going to return them and wait another week for another order...just had to put them on! Went to Discount Tire initially to order them, but got a weird feeling about the whole process because the Pro Comp people talk backspacing and the Discount Tire people talk offset. There seemed to be some confusion with both parties. The DT people even called PC and PC said they would fit with no issues. Well, they were wrong. Search for "wheel and tire update." You'll see in the thread that the exact same wheel fit with no issues on a 60. Not sure why... I ordered the wheels from 4WheelParts and they suggested that I get 1/4" spacers. I say go with the 3.5 bs as they seem to be the right fit and skip the spacers or grinding. Good luck, the flat black looks badass..not totally flat, still has a very light protective sheen. Be sure to order the black lug nuts too...I orderd some after I put the wheels on...gives them a real nice look.

wheels

ok thanks guys for all the info and help i ordered the series 52 3.50bs so will see what happens

So where did you guys get these 52's with 3.5"BS? I called 4 wheel parts and they said they didn't have them.

Dixie_Crager, does that change in backspacing actually change the angle of the wheel center enough to move the broach flare on the "D" shaped hole away from the caliper? I figured they would just use the same wheel centers and adjust where on the rim they locate them. Does that question make sense to anyone besides me? (Hope this thread isn't dead)

BTW you can order 52s with 3.5" backspacing from 4wheel parts. They are not custom and are returnable, but there is a lead time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom