Wheel fitment problems... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As helpful as this site has been with a wealth of knowledge wheel spec and fitment is not one of those. I have a 94 80 wanting to change wheels to 17 inch. So in my research this site and other lots of confusion . So my plan is fjc 7.5j×17et15 knowing I have 8j×16et14 wheels now. As I see post about offset ,backspacing and the need to use spacers. With the above wheel spec total track width will be reduced by 13mm- 1/2 " and backspacing reduced by a 6mm- 1/4" am I missing something???

Thanks but that's where I'm confused at everyone say 0 offset but a 4- 5/8 backspacing on an 8 " wheel . And I know et14 is a 14mm offset. But maybe I'm wrong 0 offset would be 4" backspacing there directly coralated ???

Thanks but that's where I'm confused at everyone say 0 offset but a 4- 5/8 backspacing on an 8 " wheel . And I know et14 is a 14mm offset. But maybe I'm wrong 0 offset would be 4" backspacing there directly coralated ???
I don’t know who has said that, but the factory FZJ80 16x8 wheel has 4-1/2” backspacing, 0 offset.

Raining like crazy ill have to measure that I could see it be 4-1/2 to either side on outer lip of wheel meaning 0 offset I appreciate ur input trust but verify.

So can anyone confirm fzj80 wheels are stamped 8j×16et14 or am I working with misinformation???
Well misinformation sucks factory fzj wheels are in fact 0 offset . 8j×16 et0 so back to a wheel search I'd like 7.5 or 8 ×17 with 0 offset any suggestions. I have 94 fzj 80 1 inch dobinson lift wanting to run 285 75 17 yokohama g003

I wouldn’t lie to ya.
I had no question that u wouldn't knowing tell me a lie but seeing is believing . But internet specs say 1 thing and the truth is as u said 0 offset it measured that way and stamped on the wheel that way. I wish we had more wheel options not really finding what I want not a fan of spacers.
Thanks for the information.

I had no question that u wouldn't knowing tell me a lie but seeing is believing . But internet specs say 1 thing and the truth is as u said 0 offset it measured that way and stamped on the wheel that way. I wish we had more wheel options not really finding what I want not a fan of spacers.
Thanks for the information.
There are a TON of wheel options for the 80’s bolt pattern.

Again u r correct about bolt pattern its more of a combination problem ie size,width, and offset . Not to mention $$$

@SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr is running 2011 FJ Cruiser alloys with 35's and no spacers.

Yea that's what I'd like my rig has to stay multi purpose some work and some play . On top of all that I travel in it some between va and tn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom