Wheel Choice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I’m going to swap out wheels and tires in the not to distant future. i have some fairly 80s retro alloy rims from Italy that the truck came with, and a lack of Toyota factory wheels here in Germany has me looking at some black steel rims from Cruiserworld.eu in Holland. Question is: with a stock set up,what would work best for a truck that is about 85% daily driver and weekend mild off reader- 16x6 rims or 16x8 rims? Right now, i am on 31in tires, but ideally would like 33s. Any insights appreciated!

Depends on the width of the tire you plan to use.

For a 255 tires, I would use a 16x6. Anything wider and 16x8 is probably a better bet. The stock 16" wheels are 16x8.

Let's see a picture of these funky wheels!

Italian wheels, you say? Are they fragilé?

9B574C85-973E-4E31-87AF-F870CDBABDCD.jpeg

Here is a close up...The plastic center caps are definitely fragile....

View attachment 2479456

Awesome! Make sure the wife doesn’t “accidentally” break the center caps.

I agree with @Heckraiser on wheel information, but I would strongly suggest the wider 8” wheel.

The 80 is a big beast and I prefer the added stability of the wider wheel and tire combo. If you were asking about a 40 it’s pizza cutters all day long.

Currently running down the 265/75/R15 tires on those wheels. After new rims, it would be a good idea to get a new set of tires as well. Without any suspension work, what do you think a slightly larger tire size would be?

Any 33" tire should fit. If you're getting 16" wheels, then 285/75-16, 255/85-16 or 305/70-16 are all good choices. 285's will probably be the most common and easiest to shop for.

If you're keeping 15" wheels, then your choices are 33x12.5 33x10.5 or 32x11.5 (not sure how available these sizes are in Europe)

So, there are not a lot of options for wheels here in Germany. I went to a local wheel and tire shop, and they wanted to know just about every spec on the truck, and then they concluded that it was "Not Possible" to find wheels. Not a lot of Cruisers here in Germany, thanks to Land Rover Defenders and M-B G-Wagens. Fortunately, there are a lot of Toyotas in Holland, so enter Cruiserworld.eu. They had these very solid black rims for about 90 euros per. I also wound up with a set of black Toyota OEM axle caps that fit perfectly. They arrived about two days after ordering. Now on to new tires...

Cruiser world Wheels.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom