Wheel bearing repack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Both front tires have top to bottom play, I have heard that the wheel bearings just need to be repacked. Anyone know if that is true? Or should I just do a full replacement. I am assuming its the bearings with the north to south type of movement. Appreciate some feedback In advance

If they have never been repacked, you will want to take the hubs off and inspect the spindels for wear as well as the inner bearing races. If everything checks out, repack and re-torque the bearings.
If you've repacked the bearings in the last 10K miles, they probably just need a quick re-torque.
Do you check for bearing play every tire rotation, or is this the first ime you've checked and have no idea how long the rig has had bearing play?

If they have never been repacked, you will want to take the hubs off and inspect the spindels for wear as well as the inner bearing races. If everything checks out, repack and re-torque the bearings.
If you've repacked the bearings in the last 10K miles, they probably just need a quick re-torque.
Do you check for bearing play every tire rotation, or is this the first ime you've checked and have no idea how long the rig has had bearing play?
I bought this rig in Feb of last year so I dont know what has been done. This is the first I have noticed the play. I did bearings on my old 80 back in 2017 then found out after repack might have been an option. I can repack and torque and see how that goes first

I bought this rig in Feb of last year so I dont know what has been done. This is the first I have noticed the play. I did bearings on my old 80 back in 2017 then found out after repack might have been an option. I can repack and torque and see how that goes first
Pick up a new hub seal and some Lucas Red-N-Tacky 2 for the repack as well as the big socket to do the nut (I forget the size)

Follow the recommendation from ToolRUs.

I do 35 LB-Ft on the inner nut while rotating and 45 LB-FT on the outer nut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom