Wheel bearing question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi
Right in the middle of the axle rebuild. 73 FJ40. Was thinin on replacing wheel bearings. Have to do one inner and figured might as well do the others. Looked at all the options doing the search function. Question does the maf or sor kits contain the races? They both look like they do, fired them off an e-mail and still haven't heard back. Also for those who have suggested autozone. I had no luck there. I took in the Timken numbers and they didn't use them. They don't show a listing for the outer bearing and race. Had the inner race, but the inner bearing is backordered. If any one has autozone numbers and would post them I could try them.

Tried Napa, they had some other brand with high prices. :frown:
Kragen was a joke, wanted more than Napa. :frown: :frown:
Pepboys didn't have them at all. :frown: :frown: :frown:

If anyone has other mail order options from like a bearing company I would really appreciate it.

Thanks Brad

I would just call up cdan (look in vendor section) and order what you need from him...

Toyota parts at the best price, with the best service. Tell him you are from 'mud.

llih said:
Hi
Right in the middle of the axle rebuild. 73 FJ40. Was thinin on replacing wheel bearings. Have to do one inner and figured might as well do the others. Looked at all the options doing the search function. Question does the maf or sor kits contain the races?

If you are planning on a disk brake swap in the future, you might want to only replace the bearings you really need since I think the drum and disk bearings are different.

If you plan to keep the drums, no worries.

I have had great sucess using Akron Bearing. Give them the numbers off the brearings. Ask them about the brand. Sometimes I have gotten Timken, Koyo, etc. 800-686-9540 or 330-773-6855. I have ordered bearings from them for many years for eveything from Land Cruisers to Honda motorcycles. They always have what I need, are extremely knowlegable, friendly and aren't shy about thanking you for your business. They have always done what they said and their prices are smokin' too.

BTW, for my minitruck conversion they were similar as other vendors on the trunion bearings but considerably lower on the wheel bearings. Something like $80/all versus over $100 at Motion Industries and $130 @ Champion Toyota, even with a TLCA discount.

Thanks all
I will give some of these folks a call tomorrow. I may take your advice Miker and only do the ones that need replacing. Although I don't know how far off the D brake conversion will be. :D

miker said:
If you are planning on a disk brake swap in the future, you might want to only replace the bearings you really need since I think the drum and disk bearings are different.

If you plan to keep the drums, no worries.
Yes, they are different.

cruiser outfiotters

go with them Kurt is a great guy, and he gets the parts to you quick. and he has alot of knowledge on everything. he doesnt mind chit chatting from what i can tell.

spence

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom