Wheel bearing question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got all my birf stuff today in the mail. seeing as the cruiser has 251k miles i got all new wheel bearing for the front. a set end with a 67 and another set end with 64. Does it matter which are used for inner and which are used for outer. thanks
Brandon

Did you take them out to look at them? If I'm not mistaken, they should be different sizes.

The inner and outer bearings are different sizes, and only one will fit properly when installing (same with the races) Its nice that way theres no way you can screw it up. as for the small ones for the knuckle they dont matter which one you use in the top or bottom. As for new bearings if you havent had any problems (sounds leaks) your bearing will prob look great. I was suprised when i took mine out 140K first time out and they look brand new.
PICT0008.jpg

IIRC, outer is smaller than the inner. Anyway, as lx450 has said, you can only put it in a particular way so no interchanging. BTW, It was suggested to put races in the freezer to contract for easier install.

freezing them did seem to make a difference for me so i would try that as well, also the key to getting them set is the brass hammer and drift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom