Wheel Alignment Help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a alignment and now it drifts to the left. It was perfectly straight before where I could let go of the steering wheel and it would stay straight.

It's more noticeable at freeway speeds and I have to hold the steering wheel slightly to the right to keep it straight.
If I hold the steering wheel straight, it will gently drift to the left.

I took it back and they swapped front tires. It still does exactly the same thing- pulls to the left.

No vibration or shakes- smooth except for pulling issue.

I'm taking it back tomorrow but anyone know what it could be? I know they are going to blame the tires - which I have religously rotated and never had an issue w/ alignment before this. And if it was the tires, wouldn't it pull to the right after they swapped it?

They used some laser machine to do the alignment

I have had alignments done at several locations - where I bought the tires - a few Toyota dealerships - they all are different - the tire place now has the job because it is always dead on

Rotating the tires would not necessarily change the pulling - something is not aligned properly

Pulling can be many things - who ever does it - needs to get deeper into it - instead of just going by the numbers. Pulling to the left should not be too difficult for someone in the know

it was told to me by a toyota field rep - you can align a vehicle then drive it around the building then back on the rack and the alignment will be different. That said it takes a fine operator to get it right. I had BIG issues with my first tacoma and went round and round until I negotiated with Toyota and they sent the rep to my truck ti dial it in. He was the best in his field and could align it to my requirements and driving habits...
It might be you have to take it to some place the truly listens to you

That's what happens when you start wheeling that IFS! :flipoff2:

Good luck FirstToy. Why did you have it (mis)aligned if it was running straight?

Last edited:
Cruiserdrew said:
That's what happens when you start wheeling that IFS! :flipoff2:

Good luck FirstToy. Why did you have it (mis)aligned if it was running straight?

lol,
I got one of those 3-yr unlimited alignment deals when I first put a lift in the truck.
I figured w/ wheeling it, I should get it aligned on occaision just to make sure things are ok. Now I wish I left it alone... but someone told me maybe it's just a slight caster correction that needs to be done (looks like maybe .2- .4 degrees off on the right from the printout they gave me).
I'll see what happns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom