whats your tire of choice? trail rig only! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
swampers:
ssr radial tsl
radial tsl
super swamper tsl
trxus muds
tsl thornbird
tsl/sx
boggers
swamper irok

bfg mud t/a
kwawlers
goodyear mt/r's

pit bulls

this is not a poll,just a question :D

I have only run the following myself, so I cannot comment on what I do not know, but I choose TSL's.

I have run:

Grand Prix
Denman Ground Hawgs
Gumbo Mudders
BFG AT
BFG MT
Swamper SSR's
Old style - 1985 CJ vintage - Goodyear Wranglers

And the Swamper TSL's are my choice.

From what I SEE of the bias Iroks, I really like those tires. I am not terribly impressed with the Krawlers for the price. Don't look like they do any better than Irok's

Ed

i'm tossed between
iroks
tsl's
or the bfg muds

i can get great prices on tires thru work ;)

Irok..

Mace said:

i saw those on your rig
how do you like them?
what size you runnin j?
i can get new 36"iroks for under $200. each

Currently running 38.5 TSL/SX.. Love their toughness. Next set? Tossed up. IROK's work pretty well, but Woody seems VERY happy with the performance of his PitBull Rockers... Now if they'd only make a skinnier "big" 38, though I wouldn't be surprised if the 37's aren't every bit as tall as my 38.5 SX.. hmm.

'Course, I'm the retard who is trying and make a FJ80 axle perform like a 60, since I like light weight, and am too broke to do something like a 60/9.

I've only run racing slicks since I DD my rig everywhere but so far I've fun 35 BFG MTs which were a good tire but stiff...the new KMs or whatever seem to be a little softer, maybe. And now I'm running 37 MTRs which are night and day compared to the BFGs. I was impressed how well they gripped at clayton since its not very dry compared to the stuff I'm used to running. I'd like to run a set of the pitbulls like woody but can't seem to find anyone giving those away :doh:

2badfjs said:
i saw those on your rig
how do you like them?
what size you runnin j?
i can get new 36"iroks for under $200. each

Tough, great traction.

I am very happy with them.

Woodrow does like the Pittbuls. But they do not have a 40" tire yet.

Course, the 37's would probably be realyl nice for your rig.
If you don't mind wide.

check'n out interco web site
the 36" iroks show to be taller than the 37"

thanx all, looks like its gonna be the iroks

nolan, checked out your kate build up today on pirate.......

niiiiiiiccceee job!!!!!!! :D
i love the pic with the three rigs sittin there.... :bounce:

Goodyear MT/Rs are what I run.
Then again, I have them on a 80 that sees both street and trail.
Not to hijack the thread, but I'm curious as to any negatives some of you might've had with the MTRs on the trail.

(quote n/c doug)Not to hijack the thread, but I'm curious as to any negatives some of you might've had with the MTRs on the trail.

i just sold my 33 mt/r's i loved them, but they wear like a banshi on the street, and they're alot more $$$$$$$ than i'd spend for a trail tire.
great trail tire but i dont think they have the sidewall ply like an interco.
that would be the only downfall doug.jim

NorCalDoug said:
Goodyear MT/Rs are what I run.
Then again, I have them on a 80 that sees both street and trail.
Not to hijack the thread, but I'm curious as to any negatives some of you might've had with the MTRs on the trail.

I ran 40" MTRs on my truck and west of Texas they did great, Straight rock and they are fantastic.

Mix in some mud to the rocks and it goes way downhill.....

Michelins

I really like my XMLs. Tough as nails and on my heavy rig, that's what I need. They make the sidewalls on most swampers look silly.

The XLs are also very nice and work really well in the mud. The 9.00R16 are too skinny but the 11.00R16s are about perfect.

I am also impressed with the iroks on the rocks. Very sticky but too much side wall flex with my 6000lbs rig and I had trouble holding beads. Never an issue with the XMLs.

oops

wooooo hoooooooooooo!!!!!!
just ordered my iroks bias ply i believe 36x13.5x15 $175. each
have them on monday

i guess i better start cutting some sheet metal :doh:

Holy s***! When did they start making the iroks in a bias ply? Good choice man, let us know how they work.
Hildy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom