whats your dream interior? help me gut and redo Interior for MOIST tropical conditions (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone
my 80 is lucky to live here in Puerto Rico and it sees lots of sand, mud and dogs.
I have hit a wall on this interior project and am asking for help.
My 1995 80 series interior needs to be redone. The dash is fine, but seats and carpet are toast.
We are at metal floor stage right now and with haggard worn seats.
I have dynamated the interior, headliner is new alcantara but seats and carpet need to be all new.
OEM style carpet is NOT an option!!!!
I want the molded rubber floor found on new work trucks sold today, but nobody makes this.
I love the marine interior in Joe Rogan's ride, but where I live interior tradesmen are not very good.
Seats could be refoamed and covered in either neoprene or a water resistant material that im open to recommendations, or replace seats with aftermarket given the costs of OEM foam and a replacement cover.
Bottom line I want to use this interior to haul my pack of dogs or the family for beach days, or even muddy days on the farm.

If you had a decent budget, what would your dream interior flooring and seat combination be? Post it up and maybe I'll be my special friend forever and ever.

This thread is dealing with a similar issue

Take a look at the Honda Element--that thing was seriously easy to clean, seats were stain-resistant, and the plastics were scratch-resistant. If you can find one at the salvage yard and try to retrofit the interior, that would be where I would start. Personally, the only thing I really wish for is a driver's side arm rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom