1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's wrong with this 100?

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by mot, Mar 15, 2004.

1. mot

mot

2. cary

cary

Stinks of a fraudulant auction. Look at the guys other items, all Austrailian items, and then a Landcruiser in the US!!!!

3. squeezer

squeezer

I 2nd the scam idea...

Only "pre-qualified bidders..."

Somebody is trolling for something.

4. squeezer

squeezer

I am having fun tonight... How can you tell my wife is out of town !

This is an email conversation I am having with the "seller" of the 100 series.

I am interested...

I will buy the vehicle under your terms.

What port in Italy is the car located at ? I would like to estimate shipping times.

Chris
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: C Brandt
    Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 10:12 PM
    Subject: Re: Question from eBay Member

Hi there,
    I am selling the car so cheap because the car was manufactured for the US market but since I am in Italy it doesen't meets
    the emission restrictions here so I can't use it or sell it here so I must get rid of it and I am practicly giving it away
    but I have no other choise. Shipping and insurance of the car will be on me,no extra of hidden charges and the car has a
    clear US title so you will have no problem with registation. The car has never been in any accidents, no scratches, dents,
    flaws or andy kind of damage.And about escrow,I have used escrow services before and they blocked my money for two weeks due to an error they caller "routine" and for the
    moment I cannot accept having my money and merchandise stucked to third parties for two weeks. At this prices I am literally
    overwhelmed by the number of offers I have received so please let me know if you are still interested.
    Regards!

C Brandt <CBrandt15@comcast.net> wrote:
    I am willing to buy the car and agree to your terms with a few clarifications.

One: You state the car is in Italy but a title report puts this vehicle in the US. I need to how and why this vehicle ended up in Italy. Please provide a timeline and the name of the shipper you used to remove this vehicle from the US. Please add any other history details to verify this vehicle history.

Two: I will up front a good faith deposit via an escrow account of my choosing. I will also pay the entire amount via an escrow account of my choosing. The escrow terms will be full payment upon my inspection of the vehicle in Portland Oregon or Seattle Washington (my two nearest seaports).

Three: The buy it now price is well below the wholesale cost for this vehicle. I have always been taught that if something seems to good to be true it probably is. I am a serious bidder and will purchase this veihicle now if it is legitimate

Please provide a phone number that I can contact you at.

Chris Brandt
    Portland Oregon

To: cbrandt15@comcast.net
    Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 9:54 PM

Hello,
    First you have to know the car is available on eBay,but the bidding/buying is restricted.The reason is that I had too many
    problems with bidders in the past and since then I am carefully with my auctions. I think that they always like to bid but
    not all the time like to buy,they just play games.The auction is a buy it now one so,only one person can buy it but for that
    I will need a proof of his seriousity and that he is available to pay anytime.For that, you need just to be agree with my
    condition stated below and the car will be yours.
    The buy it now price includes shipping and insurance fees.
    1. SHIPMENT :
    I am currently located in Italy and the car will be shipped from here with by sea with the boat to your nearest port so
    please tell me what is your nearest port but due to the overwhelming numbers of offers I have recieved I will ask a 999$
    deposit to seal the deal.
    2. PAYMENT :
    I'm a serious seller with experience in this field. I'm a fair trader with a good feedback on eBay which is the proof that l
    have closed a lot of successful deals.
    You will arrange payment through wired transfer (www.westernunion.com).
    All you have to do is go to www.westernunion.com and find an local agent near you were you have to go and send the funds.
    3. INSURANCE
    The car will be insured at the delivery service and insured for the transport.
    4. RETURN POLICY
    As soon as the car arrives, you will test the car and if it does not matches 100% to your expectations, you will return it in
    max. 7 days since the arrival date. In this case I will send you the full amount back and you will send me the car in the
    original crate and you don't have to pay the return shipping and insurance.
    If this will be ok with you just email back with your info and tell me what info you need more about the car and the
    transaction and you will have it.
    Sincerely hope to do the transaction.
    5. In the 7 days inspection perioud you decide to buy the car send the remainig balance and i will send the car's papers.

--------------------

To member: inaburra
    From member: cbrandt15(at)attbi
    --------------------

Please approve me for the landcruiser auction...
    --------------------

5. mot

mot

WOW!! :eek:

Let us know what happens!!! ;)

:cheers:

mot

6. otis22

otis22

Depending on where your located in the US you can get very cheap airfare. Just fly to Italy for a long weekend and inspect the car yourself, then no worries about sending the thing back if its junk

7. ppc

ppc M Go Blue

[quote author=squeezer link=board=2;threadid=13201;start=msg121824#msg121824 date=1079418068]
    Hello,
    First you have to know the car is available on eBay,but the bidding/buying is restricted.The reason is that I had too many
    problems with bidders in the past and since then I am carefully with my auctions. I think that they always like to bid but
    not all the time like to buy,they just play games.The auction is a buy it now one so,only one person can buy it but for that
    I will need a proof of his seriousity and that he is available to pay anytime.For that, you need just to be agree with my
    condition stated below and the car will be yours.

[/quote]

This is a hell of an Ebayer. Sounds so experienced buying and selling those Barbie Dolls and stuffed animals. Just a scam and might even be a stolen vehicle.

8. squeezer

squeezer

And the payoff email...

So,all you have to do is to make a deposit for the amount using wired transfer-western union, the deposit will be make in
    cash or online at www.westerunion.com and for this you need my name and address:
    Shannon Reachel
    VIA DANTE ALIGHIERI 25
    RIANO , ROME 00060
    ITALY
    The amount that you have to send it is 999$ .After this you email me he following informations:
    MTCN:(money transfer control number)
    correct sender name and address
    correct receiver name and address
    fix amount that you have send it.
    To make the payment all you have to do is to find a western union local office and go there with the money in cash and with
    my name and address or you can use your credit card to send the payment on-line at www.westernunion.com , after this email me
    the details that i need.
    After i make the delivery i will email to you the following details:
    -Tracking #
    -Scanned receipt from Federal Express
    -Scanned receipt that show you that the car has been scanned and is ready for delivery.
    -Exact data and hour when the car will arrive to your address(maximum 7-8 days).
    To avoid fees from Federal Express and from Western Union all we have to do is:
    ME--i have to declare the car as a gift for you and in this way you
    will pay NO custom fees and you will receive the car very fast.
    YOU--have to declare at Western Union that you send the money to a friend in Italy that need this money, in this way when our
    deal will be finished and i get the money from W.U.they will not gone ask me 10% from the total amount that you have send it,
    they will gone ask me just 3% or 4%.(ALL OF THIS ONLY IF YOU AGREE) Please let me know when you can make the payment and
    after this i will start the delivery process.After that the transfer was made and checked out and everything goes well I will close the auction.Thank you
    Reachel

Excellent...

Please unblock the auction we have a deal .

Chris

9. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

this is too funny!
    surely this Rachel is a cousin of the women from Nigeria who keep on sending me these excellent banking deals I'm loath to reject...
    :D

she's not even too smart, plenty of nonsense in there... :-\
    E

10. otis22

otis22

how is it that all past dealings are from Aus. and the car's in Italy. Sounds too good to be true, free shipping!!! can't beat that.

11. squeezer

squeezer

So do we have any members in Italy to go inspect my new cruiser...

I sent a fraud report to Ebay.

the last email (if somebody can tell me how to call this # I would ...)

Here's my huspand phone # 0034677166110

I think Western union will require me to have your phone #

To: C Brandt
    Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 10:35 PM

I hope you will not let me down on this.Thank you and waiting to come back to me

I will do this in the morning, my wife will be so excited...

12. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

this is too weird!
    are there even people who would fall for this kind of stuff....?
    So blatant!
    oh well...
    E

13. squeezer

squeezer

14. floatinghat

floatinghat

Hmm I wonder where this car can be inspected? My sister lives in Germany, I could fly over for my wifes birthday (instead of NYC), include a family visit have something cool to drive and have it shipped home on her dime. Sounds like a plan eh?

15. Darwood

Darwood

Chris, nice detective work. I did notice that they used the odometer pic from the dealer web site. I'd hate to see what else you've done when the wife is out of town. Idle hands... ;)

16. firetruck41

firetruck41

[quote author=floatinghat link=board=2;threadid=13201;start=msg121860#msg121860 date=1079422833]
    Hmm I wonder where this car can be inspected?[/quote]

At Elmhurst Toyota in Elmhurst, Illinois. ??? Only asking $54,990. Definitely a better deal to buy from the guy in Italy. :slap: Must be the same guy that offered to overpay for a car I had for sale, just would have to wire back the difference to Africa :p

17. MoJ

MoJ Moderator

Why the $999 deposit? Must be the maxmimum amount that can be transfered without trigering some sort of government tracking?

18. 410225

Well, I went in and looked at their web site. Address and phone number is very strange.
    34 gum cres
    Adelaide, Yukon 77077
    Phone: (088)876-9335
    Email: miss_shannonr@yahoo.com

I did email the seller and got the response back that I am going to fly in to Italy to inspect this car. I have given so many alternative dates but lady is keep saying all that date is really busy and it is best for the car to be shipped to US and I to inspect then. Does this sound fishy or what?

Either she is really really really good Con Artist or stinky rich that she does not care..

19. wob

wob

[quote author=MoJ link=board=2;threadid=13201;start=msg121877#msg121877 date=1079439142]
    Why the $999 deposit? Must be the maxmimum amount that can be transfered without trigering some sort of government tracking?
    [/quote]

That's the scam. They get 999 from you start, and if you are really gullible, they get 14,000

20. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    this cracks me up

" RETURN POLICY
    As soon as the car arrives, you will test the car and if it does not matches 100% to your expectations, you will return it in
    max. 7 days since the arrival date. In this case I will send you the full amount back and you will send me the car in the
    original crate and you don't have to pay the return shipping and insurance.
    If this will be ok with you just email back with your info and tell me what info you need more about the car and the
    transaction and you will have it.
    Sincerely hope to do the transaction."

yeah just put it back in the orignal crate and put it out for the mail lady to pick up
    :D