What's Wrong With The Charging System??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jvazquez53

El Tractor
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Recently I've noticed that during the night, lights on, when the truck goes idle, lights go a little dim, and the voltage goes around 12 volts. The alternator has been rebuilt recently. Is something wrong with the charging system???:hmm:

You have the 90amp? I didn't think the 80 could be rebuilt.

Like landtank said check your cables, that was my culprit.

When I've seen this it was the battery cables.

Are you saying that they were loose or they needed replacing? I have similar symptoms both with old battery and the new one and after alt replaced.

When I've seen this it was the battery cables.

Now that you mentioned the cables, mine don't look too good. I'll look into this tomorrow. Also the battery I have no idea how old it is.:popcorn:

Last edited:
You have the 90amp? I didn't think the 80 could be rebuilt.

Like landtank said check your cables, that was my culprit.

Yes I have the 90 Amp with a heavier duty stator. Wires look thicker. The battery came with the truck, so I have no idea how old it is..:cheers:

The battery came with the truck, so I have no idea how old it is..:cheers:

I think you may have identified part of your problem there. You have had that truck for a while now haven't you?

I think you may have identified part of your problem there. You have had that truck for a while now haven't you?

Yep, I think is time for a heavy duty battery...:cheers:

I just went with a Die Hard Platinum from Sears, it's a re-bagded Odyssey. Everyone seems to praise them, going with another as soon as I get my dual kit in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom