What's wrong with my FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So recently i changed out the tranny fluid in my Fj62 this past tuesday. I always change with tranny fluid from Toyota. Instead of going with the dextron 4 i put in the WS (world Standard) and she has been running great. Well today i noticed if i stepped on the gas it would speed up and if i let off the pedal it seemed as though it was stuck. So i pondered it a bit to try and figure out what was going on and so i put it in nutral and it rev'd up so i put back into drive.

Well i finally got to work and i pulled into the lot and when i put the truck in park it rev'd up again so i shut the truck off.

Is the accelerator cable worn and getting stuck?

Did i mess something up by going with the WS tranny fluid instead of the Dextron 4?

I am at a loss on this one. This ever happen to anyone?

My 04 4Runner uses WS fluid but in my 2000 100 series I haven't used it. I thought the transmission had to be designed to use WS. I don't know. I know on the 4Runner you can't even add or check the fliud level like the older transmsiions. The Dextron 4 tells you which transmission fluids it will replace. Does Toyota WS say you can use it in other transmissions? Just like the green and red radiator antifreeze I only use the one that came with it from the factory. Haven't switched to red in any of my older cruisers.

From what i talked to the guy about you can use Detron 4 in place of 3 and WS in place of 4. The reason there is no fill or check on a truck that takes the WS its my understanding it last forever.

You have two cables that are actuated by the gas pedal. One cable goes from the gas pedal to the intake. The other goes from the intake to the transmission. The one going from the gas pedal is probably sticking. You can disconnect it at the intake and manually activate the throttle to verify. I replaced both on my rig.

You have two cables that are actuated by the gas pedal. One cable goes from the gas pedal to the intake. The other goes from the intake to the transmission. The one going from the gas pedal is probably sticking. You can disconnect it at the intake and manually activate the throttle to verify. I replaced both on my rig.

Very scientific and professional. I think this constitutes good advice. You want to remove as many variables as possible and figure out the exact thing that is causing the issue.

Found it....the cable from the pedal to the intake was bad and kept sticking....i greased it for now but a new one is on order.

Thanks Guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom