Whats with the change??

Tank5

SILVER Star

I looked around on Mud and could not find anything that addresses the recent changes to the site such as the white background and the search function not working like it used to, almost useless now. What's the deal? If there was information sent out about it and I missed it please point me in the right direction.

Tank5

SILVER Star

Humm? The Mud background shows white on my computer and phone. The search function no longer searches within a thread but rather the entire site, so search results are so broad they produce too many results.

Tank5

SILVER Star

Ok, so I just fixed the background issue. There is a light bulb beside the search function at the top. If you click it, it changes the background color on the page.

I wonder why the search is not working like it used to?

Tank5

SILVER Star

For Example: I used to be able to go into a specific thread in the classifieds and search under my own name and find the relevant threads I had posted. Now when I do that, it produces results for the entire site not just that classifieds section. Did I mistakenly change a setting?

Tank5

SILVER Star

If I use the advanced search function then I can get narrow it some but I still don't get what I used to and I didn't have to do that before??

pb4ugo

SILVER Star

I find advanced search is your friend for specific sections, except for the classified section. I search the classified section while being in it, then select "search this thread".

surfpig

The Anti-Tech

Ok, so I just fixed the background issue. There is a light bulb beside the search function at the top. If you click it, it changes the background color on the page.

I wonder why the search is not working like it used to?
For search there is a function for choosing between the entire site, a forum or a particular thread. Default is probably entire site.

Tank5

SILVER Star

Yeah, I know how the search function works I have been on this forum for years. Either Alzheimer's is setting in early or something changed. I may have even unknowing switching a setting my self, just like I did with the screen color. I will figure it out no worries.

chap79

Wheel. Break. Fix. Repeat.
SILVER Star

I noticed the other day that the search THIS Thread was no longer available. This was in iOS using bother Chrome and Safari.
7F4ADA80-158D-4DB9-91EC-9EFF2ABC1E92.png

Tank5

SILVER Star

Hummm? My computer is still running Windows 7, which will stop being supported soon and my phone is pretty old. I wonder if that might have anything to do with it?

Top Bottom