1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats weirdest thing you hit?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Koffer, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Koffer

Koffer

Ok
    after seeing the deer stuck in the grill of the lincoln in another post .
    whats the strangest thing you have hit ?
    Mine is a bat (with a little kid on the other end ) J/K
    :doh: flew into the grill of the 80 and I had to pick it off when I got home

2. mabrodis

mabrodis

This thread will degrade quickly...might as well start now.. :D

3. Trollhole

Trollhole THC Supporting Vendor Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I ran over my own dog. Does that count.

4. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

I ran over a Pitbull .. I mean literally ran 'over' the Pit with my passenger front tire. It lifted the truck up into the air on that side .... wasn't travelling fast. It was simply a matter of the Pit running out from between parked cars on a busy street in a business district. I had zero time to think let alone avoid.

Damn glad it wasn't a kid though :eek: A similar scenario happened to my ex brother in law. He was driving back from work in his full ssize Ford, and a preschooler on the roadside saw her babysitter across the road, and just bolted for her ... BIL didn't have a chance, and the truck punted the little girl a ways. It was my call (medic).. and miraculously the girl was just fine. But I remember my BIL sobbing at the hospital ..

TY

5. Koffer

Koffer

alright Mark
    you did that too easy you really shouldn't keep pics of them afterwards :eek:

6. mabrodis

mabrodis

LOL!!

That was a pic from spank60...but I think I've seen some of her relatives around.. :D

7. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

I was waiting for something like this to happen to this thread... LOL
    I thought, damn, dont have pics of the strangest thing I ever hit. Killer bod... but...uhhh. Can you say "Butterhead"?

8. mabrodis

mabrodis

On a more serious note, I hit a cat once in my Tacoma, no chance to do anything, I was doing probably 50 cat just bolted, I nailed it with the front right tire...I love cats and I felt sick after that, still makes me feel sick to think about it.

9. archie

archie

Driving in asia is like trying to squeeze as many cars in the smallest streets possible. You can be only inches to millimeters away from the next vehicle. On a driving trip in Manila centuries old streets, I hit a pedestrian with my passenger side mirror at about 5mph. She bent over the side mirror and was uninjured. She was in a real hurry and squeezed in between me and another car. The only thing I saw was my mirror being bent over by her tummy as she sucked in as much air as she could while leaning against the other car. Luckily,for me, most asia women are thin.

10. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

The strangest thing I ever ran over was some sort of piece of rubber tied to a hook. The rubber end was frayed so it looked like a cat of nine tails and the metal end went through one of the lugs on my BFG and stuck pretty good. I didnt know what the hell happened until the thing started slapping the inside of the fenders and it sounded AWFUL. I had no top on but couldnt figure out what the hell it was and it got loud as I accelerated (thats right when it happened) and slowed down when I slowed down.
    I jumped out to see this thing hanging out of my tire... WTF? Didnt give me a flat but still not sure what the hell it was.

11. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    I remember in High School driving down my grandparents road, new pavement....and all the Toads that would come out at night when it was raining.

I tried to miss them all, but I'm sure I leveled a few.

That was always weird.....looked like a bunch of rocks on the pavement....but they were ALL toads and frogs....

12. 2badfjs

2badfjs

13. 2badfjs

2badfjs

oh wait,,,does a tree count? ;)

14. Koffer

Koffer

Only if it fell off a landscapers truck :doh:

15. tea LC

tea LC

a few months after i got my license i hit a drifter on a ten speed bike :frown:

it was a dark road and i was turning onto an even darker road.. all of a sudden.. BANG!!! my back window shatters.. .

at first i thought it was some punk kids throwing rocks but then i saw her on the road looking dead.... all i could think was "IM FAWKED"

so i parked the car and got out to see if she was a live.. luckily, she was...

cops deemed it her fault since i made my turn and she hit the rear of my car...

bad part was the bitch was poor with no insurance so i was stuck w/the bill

what a bad experience :crybaby:

16. Scamper

Scamper

I also hit a bunch of frogs. We were driving at night from Canton NY to Ogdensberg--about a 15 mile stretch that runs over some streams and various other wetlands. Was chatting away with my wife and noticed that every now and then, it appeared that things were jumping in front of me, and I'd feel/hear a slight "thwap". Then we hit the thick of it--literally hundreds if not thousands of frogs hopping across the road. Cars going in both directions were just creaming them (not kidding). The carnage was incredible :eek: I was really worried that if I had to brake for some reason, I'd slide off the road. It was just like that game Frogger, only real.

Next morning, the truck was pretty grizzly looking. Had to take it to the car wash before I could go anywhere.

17. NJFJ40

NJFJ40

My roofrack is like a magnet for small birds. Its a virtual killing zone up there. I hit one the other day and see these little legs hanging down the windshield all the way home. I've got more feathers up there glued on w/blood than I'd care to count.

AndrewT

18. macneill

macneill Rollin’ on 33s

Ran over a giant snapping turtle that was crossing the road with my Uncle.

Didn't kill it so my Uncle went back with the shot gun.

19. Newps

Newps

I drove through a swarm of bees, it sounded like a bb machine gun was shooting me.

20. lingo

lingo

A couple of years ago I was in Dinosaur Nat. Mon. and there were thousands of cricket crawling everywhere. They had real big bodies and short legs. They didn't jump at all. I don't guess any of you in the that area know what they are called?