What’s up with this fan clutch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MDK

Can’t dance
Threads
Ordered an Aisin fan clutch from Cruiser Corps and I’d love to get a second opinion on this. The Aisin box clearly shows 2 rectuangular plates on the side pictured, one plate says AISIN. Holding the clutch I received inside the box I noticed that it does not have those same plates. Is it just a different model Aisin has pictured on the box? Somebody help me out here. Looks like totally different models, and I’m sure they are, I guess why would the AISIN plate theme not be on this model as well?

CD1B0A8E-B5A8-48DF-9E91-4DCAE9645DED.jpeg

I don’t think the picture on the box would have anything to do with the actual part. They’re all generic.

I also don't think there is any concern.....if you are talking about that rectangular area just to the side of the bi-metallic spring, if the mounts are correct for the fan and the water pump...then good in my view. Some of the aesthetic design features change over time, where I'm guessing that the vendor either produces additional parts or they contract out for that.

Reactions: MDK
OP - If you ordered (and rec'd) FCT-017 with the red hub, that's the correct Fan Clutch. Looks like it.

When you buy underwear, do you look like the guy on the package?
A better question is if he looks at the package on the guy...

Sorry man I couldn't resist

I recommend replacing the four special waterpump stud nuts (that hold the FC to the WP) with new ones from Toyota if the old ones' hex corners are the least bit rounded from previous removal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom