whats up with my rear heater (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone help me understand why my rear heater cap is touching the fan propeller.I have even taken the 1/4" rubber bushings off the bottom of the fan,and it this still touching enough to keep it from turning.Were some years fan motors taller than others,or is my cap the wrong one?'77 FJ40 Thanks Matt:)
DSCN1180.jpg
DSCN1182.jpg

Fanblade does not look right....is it upside down or are the blades bent? It has a set screw to adjust vertical height.

looks like you just need to bend/ straighten up the blades un your fan. I remember mine as being straight out, not angled down.

Fan blades were bent when I got the fan,and I have noticed all others were straight.I can bend them back,but that would not solve the problem.But this adjustment screw you speak of,must be the ticket.I'll go take a look.Thanks

Just took a look at one of mine and the fan is right-side-up but the blades are indeed bent. Remove set screw, bend blades flat and reinstall at a non-rubbing height.

I your very first pic (the close-up) you can see the hole for the set screw.

Indeed that was the culprit.Propeller needed to be slid down the shaft 3/8".Installed set screw,works like a charm.Thanks for the quick fix:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom