What's up with my brights.....electrical or do I just need new bulbs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the past two nights when I have tried to turn my brights on either thay haven't come on at all, and I've clicked them a few more times until they do come, or they come on after a few seconds. They've never done this before and I am wondering if it is an electrical issue or if I just need to lights?

Thanks,
Rowan

Are you talking about the headlights? Sounds like the battery leads need cleaning or tightening(check both ends)
Or the relays are on their way out

No click from under the dash.....they are the brights not the headlights - the headlights work fine. It happened one night and then didn't happen the next night - and I haven't really driven it anywhere since then.

I'm gonna guess it's just some lint or dust munging up the contacts on the dimmer switch. Toying with the dimmer switch when it's failing should give you some insight into where the failure is.

Cleaning the contacts with electrical contact spray will prolly give you reliable service.

Best wishes with eliminating the intermittant problem.

Rick

I've got the same problem on mine. Started acting up in the fall just before I took it off the road before winter.

I'm thinking if I'm gonna be farting around a whole bunch to get them working, I might as well put in a new wiring harness and even perhaps a new control circuit for the high output lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom