What's this Tool? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have asked in a couple places, but cannot figure out what this is. I think I am adept at searching forums at this point but my google fu is not working on this. It came with the LC when I bought and I have been carrying it around since thinking I will find its use. Its too big to fit anywhere easily like the spare tools fit in the cubby on the passenger side, so it just rolls around. Originally I though it must be something with the spare or OEM jack but alas...

Pardon me if this is a stupid question but, do I need to carry this in the rig or nah?

IMG_20190810_150118017_HDR.jpg

That is for lowering the spare tire from it's cable hoist.

It kind of looks like it would be an extension for the jack handle, perhaps aftermarket?

Any stock tools fit in the side compartment with the jack. Toyota wouldn't leave something to roll around in the passenger compartment.

Lock to keep spare tire from being stolen. If you can drop yours with the hook end, someone probably removed the corresponding part on the spare tire lift.

I don't think the LC's of that age had the spare tire lock matching the wheel lugs like the LX's. I know mine doesn't (2003). I use the hook end of the handle to lower the tire.

If it doesn't fit in the jack compartment, it doesn't belong with the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom