What’s this stuff in my LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone. New here and have a 02 LX470. It seems to me like the old owner had some audio stuff installed but know sure really what he had going on. I’ve searched other threads but haven’t been able to find anything similar.
First is the cord coming out of the back of the glove box.
Second is the remote and little black thing on the dash.
Third are the little black things and what appears to be a receiver of some sort on the back hatch.
Are any of things stock. Thanks in advance.
IMG_0782.jpeg
IMG_0783.jpeg
IMG_0784.jpeg
IMG_0785.jpeg
IMG_0787.jpeg

Hey everyone. New here and have a 02 LX470. It seems to me like the old owner had some audio stuff installed but know sure really what he had going on. I’ve searched other threads but haven’t been able to find anything similar.
First is the cord coming out of the back of the glove box.
Second is the remote and little black thing on the dash.
Third are the little black things and what appears to be a receiver of some sort on the back hatch.
Are any of things stock. Thanks in advance. View attachment 3308868View attachment 3308869View attachment 3308871View attachment 3308872View attachment 3308873
The first one is a USB port for the aftermarket radio, then the remote for the radio, the third image looks like a sensor for the radio remote, I'm not too sure what the black nubs are in the 4th photo, possibly covering screws or screw holes for the wind deflector, the last image I would guess is a satellite radio antenna but I'm not too sure on that one.

Awesome. That all makes sense. Thank you!

I wonder if I could plug anything into the cord in the glove box like a phone and get audio.

Somebody is tracking you!

The stubby antennas on the top hatch are most likely night vision sensors. If I had to take a guess.

Oh yeah, and welcome!

(Replace your heater tees!)

Definitely agree with replacing your heater T's

Definitely agree with replacing your heater T's

Funny enough one of them broke last week and I replaced them last week.

How about this? Anyone know what it is? Do I need it? I removed the running boards the other day and can see it on the passenger side.
IMG-0902.jpg

IMG-0903.jpg

IMG-0901.jpg

How about this? Anyone know what it is? Do I need it? I removed the running boards the other day and can see it on the passenger side. View attachment 3312809

View attachment 3312810

View attachment 3312811
It's a vibration dampener. Without it you turn the whole back end into a giant echo chamber for every bump you roll over in the road. Should you decide to remove it, send it my way bro.

Edit- Also, I highly suggest taking some time, maybe this weekend or something, and going through the FAQ. There's a lot of really good links in there that will teach you things you may not realize yet about your new vehicle. The vibration dampener is link #3 because people often remove it and then regret it later. I have removed them on previous vehicles to save weight, but those were sub-3000lb fast cars.

Last edited:
It's a vibration dampener. Without it you turn the whole back end into a giant echo chamber for every bump you roll over in the road. Should you decide to remove it, send it my way bro.

Edit- Also, I highly suggest taking some time, maybe this weekend or something, and going through the FAQ. There's a lot of really good links in there that will teach you things you may not realize yet about your new vehicle. The vibration dampener is link #3 because people often remove it and then regret it later. I have removed them on previous vehicles to save weight, but those were sub-3000lb fast cars.
Thank you. I looked around a little but couldn't figure out how to describe it. I think I will probably keep it on based on your description.

Awesome. That all makes sense. Thank you!

I wonder if I could plug anything into the cord in the glove box like a phone and get audio.
Yes. It used to be common to keep an iPod plugged in and hidden away in the glove box. Look up the specs for your radio for more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom