What’s this on my frame ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just happened to be looking at the Technical Service Bulletins section under FAQ and saw a TSB for it:

EXHAUST BOOMING AT IDLE
Service Bulletin : 00304 - FEB 20, 2004 NHTSA Item #: 10006142
MUD Notes: Some 1998 – 2006 model year LC/LXs may exhibit exhaust booming after reaching operating temperature. To correct this there are various procedures for different vehicles. Installing a "Crossmember Damper Weight" (cast iron/rubber device on frame rail) or exhaust pipe dampers tuned to different frequencies. Credit to 100TD.

I took it off because i'll be cutting that OEM Exhaust System off any way.

I love how this question still gets asked and the different answers it gets. My '04 didn't come with one from the factory.
Oh heck, your truck must have been built on a Friday or Monday. You'll need one of those ASAP.

You're welcome. :flipoff2:

I just happened to be looking at the Technical Service Bulletins section under FAQ and saw a TSB for it:

EXHAUST BOOMING AT IDLE
Service Bulletin : 00304 - FEB 20, 2004 NHTSA Item #: 10006142
MUD Notes: Some 1998 – 2006 model year LC/LXs may exhibit exhaust booming after reaching operating temperature. To correct this there are various procedures for different vehicles. Installing a "Crossmember Damper Weight" (cast iron/rubber device on frame rail) or exhaust pipe dampers tuned to different frequencies. Credit to 100TD.

I took it off because i'll be cutting that OEM Exhaust System off any way.

I don't know what exhaust boom is, but it sounds awesome. I almost ripped off my flux capacitor on the trail a couple weeks ago, think I'll take it off and get some boom instead. Thanks for the info.

I took mine off and had a few thoughts about moving it where it wasnt hanging down but could still have some purposeful effect on whatever vibrations its designed to dampen. Then i thought about something else and that was that.

I'm telling myself that bolting these new heavy ass sliders to my frame will def serve the same purpose and moving on with life.
I took mine off and had a few thoughts about moving it where it wasnt hanging down but could still have some purposeful effect on whatever vibrations its designed to dampen. Then i thought about something else and that was that.

Search Button Sensor. Or more commonly a Smartass Remark Generator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom