Whats this noise fj62 driveshaft rattle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ring and pinion backlash IMO

Looks like you have a fantastic transmission/transfer case leak. Looks like you have an equally fantastic leak in your differential. That is most certainly not suppose to happen and I can’t imagine driving it that way. I would guess it’s time for a rear axle job and a transmission/t-case overhaul. No, I would bet my bottom dollar on it.

I think it would helpful to try and rotate the driveshaft by hand. Domthe ujoknts have play? Does the pinion on rear 3rd have side to side movement? Same for the tcase rear flange? If all tight it’s tough to say from afar but there’s a fair amount of play in something. Keep us posted.

That sounds perfectly normal to me. Transfer case gear lash.
The gears are very large in the transfer case and there's clearance between the teeth. Maybe there's a hair more slop than normal, but it's a land cruiser. So what.

So problem solved, the result was 3200 aud mostly labor but the clunk has all but disappeared, turned out it was very worn teeth on my input gear in my transfer case ( replaced with modified extended sleeve cog) also because of the "shock" from power delivery the universals were cooked, luckily my yoke was ok and it cleaned up well, replaced;
clutch with heavy duty one
rear main seal
grind flywheel
transfer bearing kit and gear (1)
uni joint (2)
and gear shift bushing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom